Looking for Garde Kürassier regiment officer epaulettes, Schirmmütze and equipment.

meme32

Dear members of the forum,

I am looking for a pair of Garde Kürassier regiment epaulettes for officer ( ideally high ranking like Major or Oberstleutnant). I am also looking for any other equipment useful to complete the display of my Waffenrock as shown in the forum. ( Pallasch, belt, Schirmmütze..etc).

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards

This is how it starts! Buy a new uniform and then you want it as complete as possible : the hat ,the belt, the epaulettes ......
We have all been there ,I suppose, part of the fun of collecting. Kube just sold the schirmmütze that would have gone with your new tunic. There will be more eventually.

I have a white and blue schirmmutze, but I think it is not cornflower blue thus not garde kurassier, but not shure ( photo) , the feldgrau one is not for sale

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 39
I also have a palash marked / engraved garde kurassier regiment Berlin, but not really had plans selling it

Indeed GFMMackensen, you are fully right....:)
I had not so much available space in my collection room for a new display but when I saw that Waffenrock, I knew I will add it in my collection and it will trigger a buying cascade....

Griffen Militaria ( griffenmilitaria.com) presently lists " Garde Cuirassier Regiment Officer"s Visor Cap" for $750. A dependable dealer in my experience.

This is how it starts! Buy a new uniform and then you want it as complete as possible : the hat ,the belt, the epaulettes ......
We have all been there ,I suppose, part of the fun of collecting. Kube just sold the schirmmütze that would have gone with your new tunic. There will be more eventually.
It’s both fun and frustrating…. Sometimes you’re successful, sometimes not so much….

IMO this is an odd shape for a prewar kürassier officer's cap. For me, it is original but very likely was converted into an officer's cap (replaced cockades). This one offered by Griffen Militaria seems to be a privately purchased cap by enlisted men or NCOs.

IMO this is an odd shape for a prewar kürassier officer's cap. For me, it is original but very likely was converted into an officer's cap (replaced cockades). This one offered by Griffen Militaria seems to be a privately purchased cap by enlisted men or NCOs.
Agreed. Would not be unusual for a senior NCO as-is, cockades included - but wouldn't be the first time a cap was "upgraded" by a collector, if they've been replaced. Some re-stitching to the sweatband and (I think) the visor, but both look legit. The blue is interesting - looks more like KR6 to me, but there is such variation in "cornflower blue" that who knows? Our friend kuerassier's version above is more typical.

I like the cap and recommend it to accompany your uniform ( as stated the one I have has a slightly lighter blue colour, I think this is cornflower blue thus garde kurassier

Back