Looking for Garde Kürassier regiment officer epaulettes, Schirmmütze and equipment.

My blue ones. KR3, GKR, KR6
I forgot about the underlay of the Kurassiere epaulettes
not sure where in reference that is covered
but I have a single for L K R 1 the underlay is black
also a single for K R 6 and the underlay is blue
Steve

Thanks a lot for the pictures and the explanation around the various blue version....not always easy to differentiate the various shades of blue !

Kuerassier, your pictures are very helpful ! Looking at your pictures, I am now not so sure the Griffinmilitaria cap is from the KR regiment....

I might wait a bit and try to find a better visor cap :) That is the fun of collecting !

My Epaulettes. GdC, GKR, KR1, KR2, KR4 version to wear under the cuirass, KR5, KR6, KR7, KR8
Still looking for a KR3 Epaulettes.
Excellent photos to display the different colors of Kurassiere underlays
of their epaulettes
Also will add a great collection .
Did your K R 6 come from the Zentner collection ?
I bought a lot of shoulder straps from his collection and they all had that type of
tag on the back.
Thanks for the post
Steve

As I said, I own a GKR palash, not as beautiful as the one on regimentals , as said upon returning from holiday I made some photographs, (as you asked for)
the Sword Knot has red threads, so I Think it württemberg, but as it was attached to the sword when I bought it il leave it "as is" ,
(I bought it years ago because I have a GKR EM helmet; officer kuras front plate, feldgrau GKR mutze, white blue mutze and tellermutze, and EM GKR sabretache, thought it looked nice together, but when I made the bigger cupboard display with some uniforms, (it is next to my Uhlan, and artillery uniform) I put the palash next to the line-regiment officer Kurass on display, see photo)
It was so long I had to cut a smal piece in the shelf to fit it in the display next to an officers Kuras (an enlisted mans old pattern kurassier helmet (Franco prussian war) on top as I don't own (or can afford) an Kurassier officer one ...)

as I am mainly a headgear collector (all countries WW1), I don't really know a lot about edged weapons, but I like it a lot with the engravings.
Furhtermore I wonder is this an enlisted man's sword? or could it be an officer?,should I detach the sword knot?

Attachments

• GKR palash 7.jpg
    GKR palash 7.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 26
  • GKR palash 6.jpg
    GKR palash 6.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 23
  • GKR palash 5.jpg
    GKR palash 5.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 23
  • GKR palash 4.jpg
    GKR palash 4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 24
  • GKR palash 3.jpg
    GKR palash 3.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 26
  • gkr palash 2.jpg
    gkr palash 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 26
  • GKR palash 1.jpg
    GKR palash 1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 26
Nice Pallasch, but for enlisted men and not for an officer.
This slit in the uniform is for the Stichdegen, not for the pallash. also this mount is not for a cuirassier officer.

Back