Mecklenburgisches Grenadier-Regiment Nr.89

Exactly, what is that guy holding or sitting on? 😳 The remains of a child’s rocking horse?

Here is a super nice one I got in yesterday. Medics of Infanterie-Regiment Lübeck Nr.162 and II. Bataillon Großherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Grenadier-Regiment Nr.89 (Neustrelitz). I imagine the image must have been taken at the conclusion of a course.52551802375_0d6c4d5c96_h.jpg52551876828_d33ed48bdb_h.jpg

One of my favorites states, I am living not so far from Mecklenburg, beautiful landscape and kind people!

I do not collect in bulk, I prefer the quality and history of each object, so I have only two helmets of M-Schwerin, but named and tracked, unfortunately still not one of M-Strelitz...

Left: FR90 - I/RJR90 (4. Comp.) Rostock Right: I/GR89 (3. Comp.) Schwerin

Philippe
;)

meck6.JPG

One of my favorites states, I am living not so far from Mecklenburg, beautiful landscape and kind people!

I do not collect in bulk, I prefer the quality and history of each object, so I have only two helmets of M-Schwerin, but named and tracked, unfortunately still not one of M-Strelitz...

Left: FR90 - I/RJR90 (4. Comp.) Rostock Right: I/GR89 (3. Comp.) Schwerin

Philippe
;)

View attachment 27668
Incredible pieces!!

My Bandow ancestors came from the Wismar area and left for America in 1863. Those were hard times in Europe, Mecklenburg especially. I still have family there and have visited twice. Love the area!

Thanks for sharing!

Karl

Back