My 2 - 1/2 Year Project

I have been busy
A consigner sent me 3 x 251's painted in the Normandy paint scheme and wanted the 13 painted out and I took it a step further I created a commander's vehicle and wanted to make a patrol of vehicles.
These were the same 21st scheme so I added to the paint to make all 3 look different and not the same look.
I also enhanced the front wheels to articulate as well as added sag to the tracks.

In the first pic I am starting the process of removing the 13.
The middle 251 I have already started adding to the camo scheme.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
The Sherman dozer was used commonly after D-Day.
It was used to move dirt as well as a lead Sherman a column of tanks.
This one has added tracks to the glacis ( front) and around the turret for better protection.

Here is a standard 21st Century Sherman with my dozer blade kit and a few add ons.
This dozer blade kit makes an instant diorama all by itself.
I am real happy the way this turned out !

I have been busy
A consigner sent me 3 x 251's painted in the Normandy paint scheme and wanted the 13 painted out and I took it a step further I created a commander's vehicle and wanted to make a patrol of vehicles.
These were the same 21st scheme so I added to the paint to make all 3 look different and not the same look.
I also enhanced the front wheels to articulate as well as added sag to the tracks.

In the first pic I am starting the process of removing the 13.
The middle 251 I have already started adding to the camo scheme.

You are an amazing master modeller. Incredible work.

I am back at it .
This time with a Stug IV with a dot camo.
The dot camo is like bacon , it is good with anything.

Here is a camo that came from a Tiger 1 that was pulled out of a panzer school freshly painted and put on the line in defense of Berlin.
I used a Bravo team bottom and running gear along with a 21st top hull and lots of modification.

Hey Alan,
Thank you.
WingNut makes some fantastic WW1 aircraft but I deal with 18 and 16 scale the big stuff.
Wing nut planes are all 1/32 scale.
That is a wee bit small for my LARGE fingers .
My wish is to d start a line of ww! aircraft starting with the Fokker D-8 Razor.

All I can say is wow, just incredible work.

I lived not to far from Aberdeen in the 60s through the 80's and remember climbing on the Tanks and playing in the open Marders and such. I can tell ya it leaves a life long impression on you. The last time I drove by everything was changed and the Tiger I was gone. I was told it was in Germany getting worked on. It was really sad to watch these beautiful pieces of history literally rot away. Pieces were just falling off, it was really disgraceful.

Anyway your the man, just incredible and to think scratch built that really blows my mind. (y)(y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kudos but these two vehicles are mostly repaints of 1/18 scale vehicles that are on the market.
The majority of my work is scratch built but these two are not

Thanks for the kudos but these two vehicles are mostly repaints of 1/18 scale vehicles that are on the market.
The majority of my work is scratch built but these two are not

My comment was intended for all your work not just the last two pieces where my comment landed.

Until yesterday I had not seen this thread, I'm really glad you made a new post so I was able to look at and enjoy all you've done. The repaints are very well done but the scratch built pieces are really just inspiring.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I just finished these , a M4A1 76 W (wet) and the mid production M-10

Poole was the REAL "War Daddy " who was the top tank ace of the U.S . and Audy Murphy won his Medal of Honor on the back of a burning M-10.

I make the upper hull and turret for the M-10 Tank Destroyer to fit on the Bravo team 1/18 Sherman
I converted Bravo's M4A3 early to a late M4A1 76 W(wet).
A lot of modification went into this.
I make the early M4A1 casted hull as well as the newer T-23 turret , but I needed to make the late version so I scratched the hull for this consignment.

Here is a before and after side by side.

Last edited:
Back