My 2 - 1/2 Year Project

Very nice Matthew! I really like the detailing and shadowing/aging effects you did on those models!

Thanks guy I appreciate the kind comments.
I am working on 2 Shermans now that should turn out next weekend.
Next up are the King Tiger blue 332 a KT that was captured and sent to the states and I think it is now at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Then another ambush Jagdpanther and then 2 x Sdkfz 222's

This will be the first builds of the 222's .
They should be fun to build !

Matthew I never get tired of seeing your remarkable work. Most people do not understand the endless hours to scratch build a part, make a mold, cast it, repeat. Remarkable. Your results truly are a form of art.

Here is something to compliment your work if I may. Here is every calibre of German Panzer cartridge casing. The 8,8cm KwK 43 was used in King Tiger and Jagdpanther; one of my favourite Panzerjäger. It is 82cm / 32" in height, and made from steel of course. When my wife took me to Bovington, I couldn't wait to see the Jagdpanther. What a BEAST! 45 tons of pissed-off, that could punch a hole through any Allied Armour. I was in heaven actually touching an actual Jagdpanther. Until a security guard told me to get my tongue off of it....

Panzer_Cartidge_Casings.JPG

Last edited:
Matthew I never get tired of seeing your remarkable work. Most people do not understand the endless hours to scratch build a part, make a mold, cast it, repeat. Remarkable. Your results truly are a form of art.

Here is something to compliment your work if I may. Here is every calibre of German Panzer cartridge casing. The 8,8cm KwK 43 was used in King Tiger and Jagdpanther; one of my favourite Panzerjäger. It is 82cm / 32" in height, and made from steel of course. When my wife took me to Bovington, I couldn't wait to see the Jagdpanther. What a BEAST! 45 tons of pissed-off, that could punch a hole through any Allied Armour. I was in heaven actually touching an actual Jagdpanther. Until a security guard told me to get my tongue off of it....

View attachment 20223
Thank you sir.
Wow to have seen and actually touch a JP wow just wow.
Thanks for the casing picture I never knew how large they truly were
Are those casings yours by chance ?

Thank you sir.
Wow to have seen and actually touch a JP wow just wow.
Thanks for the casing picture I never knew how large they truly were
Are those casings yours by chance ?

Yes Matthew those cartridge casings are mine. Here is that beautiful Jagdpanther in Bovington. Anyone who likes Tanks simply has to make the pilgrimage. I was blow away, and I basically lived on a Tank for 35 years. Mind numbing.

03B4657E-7DCB-4136-B48B-60268E66291E.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent photos T! That vehicle screams power. I am also looking forward to the completed restoration of the Wirbelwind at Canada’s Base Borden museum.

Last edited:
This is the only one I have from 1978......

It's probably changed a bit since then.

Attachments

• Image 036.jpg
    Image 036.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
That’s Worthington Tank Park in CFB Petawawa as many will recognize. They had welded fencing mesh over the open turret, which resulted in it being filled with 60+ years or rain. Even in the summer the standing water in the hull was knee deep. Everything rusting away….

Flakpanzerrestoration.com The project started 3 years ago. One of only 3 examples left in the world. As said above, it sat for decades rusting away, exposed to the elements. I saw it many times while taking my students to the Base museum, even I knew how rare it was. Donations are welcome !

Matt,

You do awesome work! Any progress update on the A7V you were working on? I was fortunate enough to go to the Tank Museum and restoration center in 2014, owned by Jacques Littlefield in Saratoga. After he passed away, everything went to auction. His workshops were unbelievable, and his selections of tanks was first rate.

Cheers,
DennisIMGP1988.JPGIMGP2034.JPGIMGP2040.JPG

Hello,
Thanks for the kind remarks
No I have not touched the A7V for over 10 years now .
The roughed in hull has been sitting on the work shelf gather thick dust.
That is my pet project that I seem to never have time to get to.

Last edited:
Back