New Display of Pickelhaubes for 2022

Thanks for posting Steve,

Museum quality collection in museum quality display!

Regards,

Lars

Helmet dispaly cases # 3 & # 4
These are old photos and need to redone
the dispalys have changed since these were taken
I have added helmets and I will re -shoot these 2
One shows my love for toy soldiers which has gone on since I was a child
Stevehelmet case 3 McFarland collection.JPGHelmet case 4 McFarland collection.JPG

I too love toy soldiers. Mine are long gone unfortunately from a moving incident

I just took up to date photos of Helmet cases # 3 & # 4
Case # 3 I have added other Dragoon helmets since the old photo was taken .
Case # 4 is a lot differnet .In the old photo I had a row of steel helmets on the bottom row
They have moved to another location and spiked helmets are now on the botttom row.
SteveHelmet ase 3 a Mcfarland collection.JPGHelmmet case 4  McFarland collection.JPG

Hallo, alle miteinander
Ich muss etwas zu meiner Helmsammlung sagen. Ich bin kein Sammler von Helmen. Ich bin spezialisiert auf Uniformen. Und hier nur die von Offizieren. Ich habe alle meine Mannschaftsuniformen bis auf ein paar Husaren verkauft. Leider werde ich nicht alle Helme mit den passenden Uniformen verwenden können. Da alle Uniformen auf Puppen sind, wird es eng. Ich hoffe, das Übersetzungsprogramm übersetzt verständlich.

Hallo, alle miteinander
Das war leider noch immer auf deutsch ;)

www.DeepL.com:
"Hello all
I have to say something about my helmet collection. I am not a collector of helmets. I am specialized in uniforms. And here only those of officers. I have sold all my crew uniforms except for a few hussars. Unfortunately I will not be able to use all helmets with the matching uniforms. Since all uniforms are on mannequins, it will be tight. I hope the translation program translates understandably."

Very nice display! I also had to do something with my helmets display, not that they were not displayed good, but I have 2 young cats accompianing me in a short while. So, to keep things relatively safe, I made some alterations.
Most of you know how it looked before,
View attachment 20053
But that is too close for 2 young cats growing up. So, the book cabinet is now filled with books again.
Sorry about the somewhat fuzzy picture, taken just now, but this is how it looks now. I'll make better pictures later on.
View attachment 20054
Sorry about the fuzzy picture, it is quite dark here right now.

Regards, Coert.
Excellent!

Hey Steve/KAGGR#1,

I really like your collection of Britain's. Absolutely cool!

I have a few, played-with Britain's, but have always enjoyed seeing entire collections. I like putting my few pieces in among my helmets in my little collection. They look perfect there.

Are there any older threads where you have shown your collection? It would be really neat to see!

And Coert..., my experience with cats in the house is that moving things out of their reach doesn't really stop them.

It just seems to make them more determined...,

Good luck!

Bryan.

Hey Steve/KAGGR#1,

I have a few, played-with Britain's, but have always enjoyed seeing entire collections. I like putting my few pieces in among my helmets in my little collection. They look perfect there.

Are there any older threads where you have shown your collection? It would be really neat to see!

And Coert..., my experience with cats in the house is that moving things out of their reach doesn't really stop them.

Good luck!

Bryan.
As a child the only toys that I wanted were Britian's soldiers
stupid child as I got older I shot them with my B B gun
about 1953 I was 12 years old
I went to the toy store were I bought my soldiers
The owner had laid out the coronation of Q E II
I could not even dream of being able to buy that display
in later life I did put that display together
I will PM you
Thanks
Steve

Yes Steve, most of us older guys are lucky to be alive considering what we did as children. For example, yours truly used to fire marbles out of galvanized pipe using fire crackers as a propellant! Then there were the home made sword fights and spear making. We would all be arrested now but we had a hell of a lot of fun!

Yes Steve, most of us older guys are lucky to be alive considering what we did as children. For example, yours truly used to fire marbles out of galvanized pipe using fire crackers as a propellant! Then there were the home made sword fights and spear making. We would all be arrested now but we had a hell of a lot of fun!
Amen, Brian

Hey Steve/KAGGR#1,

Good luck!

Bryan.
Bryan, I know... But my cats only looked at my helmets, the latest 2 which I had on my desk for a while only got sniffed, but they lost interest in them quite fast. I guess I got lucky my cats do not like the helmets like we all do!
Which remind me, that I still have to make better photo's of my helmets..
I will do so when the sun makes it's appearance here, it is 7am now here, and dark.

Regards, Coert.

Back