Provisional Reichswehr

I will show the full photo, and the inscription on the back, this might help a bit in the identification.

Many, many thanks!

That confirms my suspicions - General der Infanterie Konstantin Schmidt von Knobelsdorf commanding X. Armeekorps. Just need to work on the general staffers.

Regards
Glenn

Hi Glenn,
I will show the full photo, and the inscription on the back, this might help a bit in the identification.

As always I never cease to admire your knowledge.
View attachment 33213View attachment 33214
That is one great photo !
Questions
the last flag on the left ; what regiment?
also 4th from the left looks like the same flag ?
3 from left looks to have about 20 battle honors on the 1870/ 71 K D M streamer
an excellent flag photo
thanks for the post
Seve

I found an article in the “Hannoverscher Kurier” of 27 June 1919 describing this event. Unfortunately it gives no names of participants. The occasion was the 26 June 1919 transportation of the colours and standards of the X Army Corps being taken from the headquarters building of X Corps to the railway station for onward delivery to Berlin (presumably the Zeughaus). Interestlingly, the officers are still wearing the blue Friedensheer insignia which was replaced by the pattern worn by General Albrecht (above) the previous month. Clearly, the prevailing times and supply situation did not make for an easy transition.

Regards
Glenn

The third from the left is the Braunschwigischen Infanterie-Regiments Nr. 92, II Bataillon
It seems that there is an error in the Bulgarian Fahnenfilder album and that this flag belongs to the III Batasllon, according to Unsterbliche Treue.

I found an article in the “Hannoverscher Kurier” of 27 June 1919 describing this event. Unfortunately it gives no names of participants. The occasion was the 26 June 1919 transportation of the colours and standards of the X Army Corps being taken from the headquarters building of X Corps to the railway station for onward delivery to Berlin (presumably the Zeughaus). Interestlingly, the officers are still wearing the blue Friedensheer insignia which was replaced by the pattern worn by General Albrecht (above) the previous month. Clearly, the prevailing times and supply situation did not make for an easy transition.

Regards
Glenn
Glenn
Excellent information
A lot of old colors in the 1980's were on display at Rastatt
Later all were moved to the DHM
I last saw the I R 92 and H R 17 flags on dispaly in what
looked like an old church
Steve

That is one great photo !
Questions
the last flag on the left ; what regiment?
also 4th from the left looks like the same flag ?
3 from left looks to have about 20 battle honors on the 1870/ 71 K D M streamer
an excellent flag photo
thanks for the post
Seve
The first flag on the left and the fourth one are from the Oldenburgischen Infanterie Regiments Nr. 91 (I, II or III Bataillons)

The first three battalions had the same flag design

Pict0203 b.jpg

The first flag on the left and the fourth one are from the Oldenburgischen Infanterie Regiments Nr. 91 (I, II or III Bataillons)

View attachment 33233
Thanks
I should have remembered those 2 regiments as part of A K X
I think that back in the 90 's ; maybe 1992 ? Kube had an auction
sale with nothing but flags ; flag poles ; unit rings ; streamers and pole tops
I think that one of the flags
was from Anhalt ?
I got some of the items
Steve

Steve, it looks like the straps are the general Reichswehr double knotted corded style.
great photo
but they didn't do much with the shoulder straps
after following the Imperial Armee
same thing with the musician
Steve

The second flag from the left is the flag of the Braunschwigischen Infanterie-Regiments Nr. 92, IV Bataillon.

Attachments

• Pict0062.JPG
    Pict0062.JPG
    490.3 KB · Views: 1
the flags at the end right, are those of the Landw.-Regt. Nr.91 and the Landw.-Regt. Nr.92. As I can't see more details I can't tell which is the one of each regiment, but from the colours of their corners they can only be these two flags of the X.A.K.

View attachment 33237
Great thread
and great information
That photo is a killer !
Do you own the original ?
Thanks
Steve

View attachment 33233
I wish that I could do better with this photo
but it is framed with glass and on my wall
here are the Fahnentrager with the flags of I R 91 and D R 19
SteveI R 91 flags.JPG

@Glennj here is one for you! The Officer at left-center looks to have early 1919 Major's sleeve insignia.

Interesting photo. To the left of that Major is an American Major or Lieutenant Colonel. The 5. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß Officer at the right seems to have an armband that reads "Durchgangslager" and some other writing. Perhaps the soldiers at the right were recently released prisoners of war.

52896244177_c409398820_h.jpg52897013266_6e1431f542_h.jpg52896243797_8deda5ca93_h.jpg

Back