Real or Fake?

As Coert said: don’t remove the chinstrap, as it is an officer’s helmet there are no markings to be expected ( enlisted soldiers helmets are marked, officers not), so don’t risk it
I'm honestly not messing with it at all anymore as I didn't know it was so special and valuable.

Everyone keeps telling me to sell it including my husband because I'm to scared to do anything with it and its just sitting in our upstairs study where nobody ever sees it and its been there for 2 years now. I'm not convinced yet but If I did sell it how would I go about doing it? Auction?
I also have 2 swords but I'm not sure if they go with it or not.
I would rather sell it to someone on this forum than an auction or seller/ trader, you would probably get a fairer price, these things are very scarce and expensive, so don’t decide to hastily, take your time, I would be interested, but for sure others as well

I would rather sell it to someone on this forum than an auction or seller/ trader, you would probably get a fairer price, these things are very scarce and expensive, so don’t decide to hastily, take your time, I would be interested, but for sure others as well
Thank you for your honesty. I appreciate all of your help with identifying this for me. I just posted a few more pictures of other things he left me including a mural of things that belonged to my grandfather during the war.

These are the other things he left me.

Attachments

• 20231120_162558.jpg
    20231120_162558.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20231120_164525.jpg
    20231120_164525.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20231120_164344.jpg
    20231120_164344.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 20231120_163903.jpg
    20231120_163903.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231120_163851.jpg
    20231120_163851.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231120_163834.jpg
    20231120_163834.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20231120_163707.jpg
    20231120_163707.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20231120_162749.jpg
    20231120_162749.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20231120_162629.jpg
    20231120_162629.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20231120_162621.jpg
    20231120_162621.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 20231120_162617.jpg
    20231120_162617.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231120_162611.jpg
    20231120_162611.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 20231120_162609.jpg
    20231120_162609.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: ccj
These are the other things he left me.
swords are 3rd Reich
of good value
but not sure Imperial German collectors would buy
but you have a lot of value here
Where do you live ?
If you could take to a Military show , like our S O S in Louisville , Ky
you will have tons of dealers & collectors there who would buy from you
If you are in the USA , if not others can suggest to you
where to sell
no sure about the firearms
Steve

Welcome to the forum Jenny!

As you can see, we are friendly if not odd bunch of pickelhaube aficionados.

Your uncle must have had a very special place in his heart for you.

I surmise he was a Belgian pilot during the end of WW2 or shortly thereafter.

The Kurassier Helmet and cuirass are to die for and I am sure that we all overjoyed that you shared it with us. I have some suggestions on how to keep them protected while they are on the stand. Note that the belt on the cuirass is not part of the cuirass.

When and if you ever decide to part with you Uncles treasures, most of the members here would be happy to help you identify the items so you have knowledge of what you have which is the hardest part.

For example, the pistol in your Uncle's montage I believe to be a Velo-Dog model from a Liege Gunmaker named Emile Warnant. More info can be found here:

We are students of history, so please feel free to ask us questions.

John

My Uncle never married or had any children due to the woman he loved dying in Germany just before they were to be married. He said I reminded him so much of her as far as resemblance and personality.
We were always close and he shared so many stories about his trips around the world throughout his lifetime. I was saddened that he passed right before I got married and he never got a chance to tell my children all of his wonderful stories as he did for me. Thank you everyone for all your help and education provided as it has meant so much to me.

Welcome to the forum Jenny!

As you can see, we are friendly if not odd bunch of pickelhaube aficionados.

Your uncle must have had a very special place in his heart for you.

I surmise he was a Belgian pilot during the end of WW2 or shortly thereafter.

The Kurassier Helmet and cuirass are to die for and I am sure that we all overjoyed that you shared it with us. I have some suggestions on how to keep them protected while they are on the stand. Note that the belt on the cuirass is not part of the cuirass.

When and if you ever decide to part with you Uncles treasures, most of the members here would be happy to help you identify the items so you have knowledge of what you have which is the hardest part.

For example, the pistol in your Uncle's montage I believe to be a Velo-Dog model from a Liege Gunmaker named Emile Warnant. More info can be found here:

We are students of history, so please feel free to ask us questions.

John
Yes please! I would like to know how to care for it as I want it to stay in good condition.

swords are 3rd Reich
of good value
but not sure Imperial German collectors would buy
but you have a lot of value here
Where do you live ?
If you could take to a Military show , like our S O S in Louisville , Ky
you will have tons of dealers & collectors there who would buy from you
If you are in the USA , if not others can suggest to you
where to sell
no sure about the firearms
Steve
I'm in the USA, Texas

Hi Jenny

Welcome to the forum and you have brought a lot of excitements among the boys in this forum.

Jump onto this forum if u decide to sell the set. As you had seen, some boys had already indicated their intentions to buy.

My main focus is helmets and if u can show more pics of the helmet, it will make my day. Am just happy to look at pics.

Thank you
Amy Bellars

Post them here….no problem. As to the swords and other military pieces you can do the same. The members will identify them for you.

Hello Jenny,

Just a little info on your two swords,

The first one is a WWII Era Police Officer degen, in that condition I'd say the value between 600 and 750 USD thats full retail, which is what you would want or you could sell to a dealer for less and let then sell it to the end buyer and make a little.

The second one is WWII Era German Army Officers Sword with lion head, It looks in much better condition then the Police Sword but would need to see the blade to see the manufacture mark to give you a clearer price on that one. In that condition from what I can see I'd say around 700 USD.

At least you know now what they are if you'd like to see what is currently available on line to see prices. All the best John Josef

My Uncle never married or had any children due to the woman he loved dying in Germany just before they were to be married. He said I reminded him so much of her as far as resemblance and personality.
We were always close and he shared so many stories about his trips around the world throughout his lifetime. I was saddened that he passed right before I got married and he never got a chance to tell my children all of his wonderful stories as he did for me. Thank you everyone for all your help and education provided as it has meant so much to me.
Your uncle's history about he never got married, is quite like my history, regarding losing loved ones. I lost my French girlfriend in a nasty accident,
in 1992. This hit me so hard, that I am still single now. Like your uncle probably did, I still remember the day's of joy we had those day's.
It's all way back in time now, but I also never recovered from it. I know it's a bit off-topic, but I see a resemblance.

Best regards, Coert.

I believe the sword with silver fittings to be a 3rd. Reich Police Officer sword. The silver badge on the handle is a small version of what they wore.

I believe the sword with silver fittings to be a 3rd. Reich Police Officer sword. The silver badge on the handle is a small version of what they wore.

Please See post 34.

The SS and Police used the term degen, officially it would be called Polizei-Fuhrer-degen

Thanks for your agreement with my identification (y)

Last edited:
Back