SOS 2007

You know I am only going to miss this show by about two weeks. And, the funny thing is, I have a months worth of tax free military leave saved up. Oh the pain.

I blame Canada.

Paul

Hey Paul,
Don't give up, we are working through the Pentagon to get you a hardship leave, and I have a friend in Special forces who could kidnap you (I do not think he likes Navy guys as he is Marine)
Gus

Gus- no passes yet, but didn't we have to go over to the host hotel lobby last year, the night before and pick up our packet with passes?

That is what I had to do, I think you did table set up, so maybe yours came in the mail?

James

Hey James,
As I recall, we got the fairgrounds passes in the post in Dec or Jan, I remember not getting mine until after someone else had posted that theirs had arrived, but then my mind is total crap anymore. There is a packet that we have to pick up at the hotel or at the show on Wednesday after set up. But things could be different this year. I understand that we will be in the part of the hall where the gynastics were held last year and that access to set up will not be a good. We plan on having a hand truck and a 4 whelled wagon to help get ours and Joe's stuff in, and any one is welcome to use them.
Gus

Oh boy oh boy. Got my SOS stuff in the mail. Two tables and eveything. Slim contact me at the show will have something under the table for you(a helmet of course) Oh boy oh boy can't wait. :D :D Jerry

I got a loading pass and a parking pass. There was also a table confirmation. However, I think Mark screwed around with these applications because my table helper is now Bob Marley. Does that mean that Brian has to wear dreadlocks?

Think of a loading pass! I can now drive the van into the hall and press the magic button that lets the ramp out. This is just too cool!

Welcome back Cruise man!

We will all have to go over to Ex. INN Wednesday night to get our badges etc.

Not sure why they mail us parking passes, but not the table badges????

Maybe we can all fill your Van and then we can unload together!

Actually last year the vehicle unlaoding line was extremely long, it was easier to park and carry Joe and our stuff in!

James

Hey Joe, I agree with James, I will be bringing a 4 wheeled wagon and a hand cart to transport our goodies into the hall. I think we can get in and set up in much less time, but it would be cool to be able to drive in and drop you ramp and storm the hall. Kinda like dropping the ramp on a Higgins boat.
Gus
By the way, let's not all forget our radios again this year. And James, you better reset your waypoints on your GPS for this trip.

I am glad to see you still have your little red wagon! We are still collecting stuff to bring up there. I have a foot locker full of books and will consider several helmets. Actually I have quite a lot of stuff to offer. Part of the great downsizing. It is just a matter of finding the time to get it all together. Our heater went out last night, and I am using my voice typewriter in near Arctic temperatures. It is at this time 41°F. Last night it got down below 40. Janet moved the citrus trees into the shower. This freezing temperature is getting to me I have to wait at least a week before the next cruise.

Our driving north still has yet to be planned. I know we want to be there Wednesday, and I would like to see the World War I Museum in Kansas City. Not sure if I should do that on the way or on the way back... has anyone else been there? Chip probably has.

I think I will sell a lot of stuff -- if anyone wants something that I have let me know if it is on the block I will bring it. I think I will order 30 books.

Hey Joe, Maggie says "wah" 40 degrees is not freezing, and you do not hit artic temps until you drop below zero. It was up to 30 degrees yesterday and Maggie was running around outside in her t shirt.
Let us know what you decied about the Liberty museum, If you plan on being there before the show, maybe we can meet you there and we can storm the place, Chip seems to think it is a great museum, but I think he may be biased. I would like to stop there too, but I think we are taking a more nothern route, but we were thinking about hitting it on the return, there is also the Meuseum of the Arabia in KC that would be rather interesting.
Gus

I just booked a room today. I'm flying in on Thursday and flying home on Saturday. I'm staying at the Howard Johnsons.

Here is a partial transcript of my call while booking the room:

Hotel person: So we have you in a non-smoking room, and in addition to listed charges, there may be additional fees such as a parking charge.
Peter: I'm flying. So it is a moot point. I'm from New York. I don't own a car

HP: OK, may I interest you in a special promotion. It is a three-day stay...
Peter: I'll stop you there. I'm a New Yorker. We think we're better than the rest of the country. I vacation in Venice not Great America (Theme Park)

HP: OK, may I interest you in a promotion that would allow you to get $20 worth of gasoline
Peter: I'm from New York. I just said I don't own a car. The only use I could have for $20 of gasoline would be for a Molotov Cocktail!
HP: Have a good day sir.

So the real question is when is the beer and pizza party? Should we have a Thursday or Friday? Last year we had it on Thursday and it worked great. We went to the German restaurant on Friday and to Kaiser Bill's fancy Dan place on Saturday. I think we want to a barbecue place on Wednesday night. We are totally open. The only thing I think we should do is ensure we get a good count on the restaurant space. Last year we always had more people than we had reservations for -- really freaked out the German place -- but the food was good.

Janet and I have a suite in the La Quinta to host the beer and pizza thing. It's got to be more room than last year. We are open as to the location of any venue.

I think your party room sounds great, we can all pitch in on Pizza and Beer!

Thursday sounds great for this as well, as we all seam more tired theat night then the rest.

Friday we should try the German place again, I told my wife she could go there this time, part of how I got her to come!

Just my thoughts

James

If I remember correctly, there was a party in Joe and Janet's room every night. Is it going to be Carlson's birthday again at the German place? When are you getting in, James?
Gus

Just a little word of advice from someone who knows. NO CIVIL WAR TALK.

Man I wish I could be there.

Will miss you all. Maybe I can call you all on Pizza night.

Paul

Back