SOS 2007

Paul,
The correct term is "The War of Northern Aggression" We who are citizens of the United States regret that you will not be there to protect us from the Canadian delegation. We may eve lose posession of the Notrh Pole with out your help, At least our expert on Penguins should be there.
Gus

Yea there is no doubt, that Canucks rule these days!! Don't forget that approx 75,000 Canucks fought in the Civil War mostly for the North. Sorry Southerners, but we still love Fla. We might even consider letting those Le Brasseur boys back into the country er...at least back into Quebec where they must have come from originally. They would have to leave all of their weapons on the US side though especially the MGs. Got the airline seats booked, I have yet to contact the hotel although I did book it months ago. After Peters' experience, I will call!! I am selling on ebay like crazy trying to add to my "War Chest" The state of Uncle Sams' buck is a Catch 22 for us. We save on airfare but lose on Ebay sales!! I am like a kid waiting for the Victoria Secret catalogue to arrive! We will be landing Thurs 10:55AM. Brian

b.loree said:
Yea there is no doubt, that Canucks rule these days!! Don't forget that approx 75,000 Canucks fought in the Civil War mostly for the North. Sorry Southerners, but we still love Fla. We might even consider letting those Le Brasseur boys back into the country er...at least back into Quebec where they must have come from originally. They would have to leave all of their weapons on the US side though especially the MGs. Got the airline seats booked, I have yet to contact the hotel although I did book it months ago. After Peters' experience, I will call!! I am selling on ebay like crazy trying to add to my "War Chest" The state of Uncle Sams' buck is a Catch 22 for us. We save on airfare but lose on Ebay sales!! I am like a kid waiting for the Victoria Secret catalogue to arrive! We will be landing Thurs 10:55AM. Brian

75,000 Canucks fought for us? Did they make it to a battle or get lost in Detroit after a quick stop at a pub?

No way can anyone ever ever make the LeBrasseurs go back to Quebec. They don't even speak a real language there.

Gus, don't worry about the Canadians finding the North Pole. We have it hidden and they don't even know which direction to go to find it.

You all are going to have a blast and I wish I could be there. I will be presented a "Special Military Award" here and will send pictures to you all for the show.

Be safe out there.

Paul

Lazerblade said:
You all are going to have a blast and I wish I could be there. I will be presented a "Special Military Award" here and will send pictures to you all for the show.

Be safe out there.

Paul

Hey Paul,
Maybe the "Special Military Award" is the hardship furlough we are working on to get you to SOS. I talked to James, it seems that we will not miss you as much as I thought, as James is bringing your credit cards.
Best wishes, and stay safe
Gus

I was told today that the convention hall covers 11 acres -- 1620 tables -- people are coming from all over the world. I hope the Midwest doesn't have snow by then. I vaguely remember what snow looks like and I do not believe it was fun. We will be there Wednesday by not sure if we will be there for the table set up.

Hey Joe,
All the bad weather is back east in Colorado, Texas and Kentucky, I would bring you some snow, but we do not have any. The weather has been very warm here, even into the 50s, By April, I doupt that we will have any frost left in the ground.
Gus

I just checked the weather for Louisville. As of right now it looks like it will be in the low 50s (about 11c for those of you from Canada) with sun on Thursday, rain on Friday and Saturay but a little warmer.

That is funny, my weather man says it is going to be around freezing. Hey Peter, did you want us to bring you some bottles so you can make Molotov coctails? It would be a shame to waste you $20 worth of gas that you hotel is giving you. Fly safely and do not let them hold you on the plane for over 11 hours after youl land.
Gus

It will even be warm for Joe, he has been whining that it was below freezing in Texas.
Gus

Gustaf said:
That is funny, my weather man says it is going to be around freezing. Hey Peter, did you want us to bring you some bottles so you can make Molotov coctails? It would be a shame to waste you $20 worth of gas that you hotel is giving you. Fly safely and do not let them hold you on the plane for over 11 hours after youl land.
Gus

I always say if I have to choose between Jet Blue and walking... I'll take walking. At least I know I'll get there!

Safe travels. I'll see everyone on Thursday.

Hey Peter,
My understanding is that Jet Blue got their passengers to their destination, they just would not let them off the plane. If you are going to walk, I would recoment that you do not come through Pennsilvania, I understand it is not very pleasant there either. I sure hope you weather man is smarter than mine. Now that is a job I would like to have, if you are right half the time, you are doing good...on second thought, I am not right that often. Be sure to get your program when you come in, there is a map in the center of the program, and while the GPS way points are not listed in the map, at least you will be able to look us up in the program. Otto will be standing on my table again, I do not know if James is going to have his banner, but I will bring the frame just in case.
Gus

Gustaf;

Just wanted to say it was great to meet you! It was a great show for me. I found the AH cartridge pouch, a Fr star "trooper pistol" with holster, 4 original AH slings, one greek sling, 3 Belgium slings and a Portugese sling(all WWI). Sold and AH carbine, Wn@98 in 8x50R.

dg13 :D

Hey Darrell,
It was great to meet you too. It is always interesting to talk to some one and then find out that you have already met, even if it was over the net. I am glad you like the pouch, I found one to match mine last year at NGD and that was why that one was available. I picked up a nice mounted Kappe with a FJI cockade, and a nice Roth Steyr to go with the holster I had My Styer Hahn in. Now I need to get another holster for the Steyr (although the Rast & Gasser holster fits it nicely, makes me thinik that it may have been modifyed for the Steyr) I had a good time at SOS and hope to be able to sell a kedney to make it to next years show.
Best wihses
Gus

Back