SOS 2008

I just got my OVMS news letter, and Joe and Remi (sp) got their pictures in it. That was a fun party, I can't wait for SOS 2008
Gus

lugercarbine said:
When in Kentucky. drink Kentucky wiskey
Don't get to comment in this forum much, but the last time Chas visited me, he brought as a gift one of my favorite things on earth: a bottle of Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon.

Paradise........

Gustaf said:
As far as accomadations go, according to Peter, the Executive West was good, but the Executive Inn (at least last year) had some kind of mold in the building, and it caused respritory problems for more than one of our group. The breakfast at La Qunta is a contenital, but it works, and the breakfast at the other place took longer, and when Joe would get a coffee and toast, it cast him over $10, and that is the differance in price between the hotels.
Best wishes
Gus

Now Gus,

Play nice.... the Executive WEST has been totally remodled 2 years ago... Nice rooms..... with a FULL BUFFET breakfest... and it's WALKING DISTANCE (james.. don't even start :p ) to the show....

However... you are correct about the Executive... nasty nasty nasty :-?

Cheers
Mark

Well I have all of my reservations made. So it looks like I am going. It will be a lot of fun. And I will get out of the SNOW for a week in Feb. That might be the best thing of alllll.... :D

Russ

What do you mean, it doesn't snow in Klamath? There are some of our Canadian members that would consider a few inches of snow a heavy frost, I am glad you are going to make it, Party in Joe's room and Paul is buying the beer, and I will bring some window cleaner for Lori.
Best wihsess
Gsu

Hi Gus
It dose not snow to bad here. But I work at Crater Lake. We will get all of the snow out of the roads by July 4th and then it starts snowing again in mid september. So anytime I can get away from that ice box I am happy......... :eek:

Crater Lake, huh? I have been there, even Tony does not get more snow that you do. I have never seen the lake, as the snow level met up with the cloud base.
Gus

By the way, were you aware that it snowed in Louisville while we were there last time?
Gus

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY THE SHOW IS ONLY FIVE MONTHS AWAY . I CAN HARDLY WAIT. GOT THREE TABLES . TWO ROOMS AND THREE GOOD FRIEND TO SPEND THE WEEKEND WITH AND ALL MY FRIENDS FROM THIS GROUP WHO STOP BY AND SAY HELLO. OH BOY OH BOY. :D :D JERRY

We are all looking forward to it :D

However, we as a group did not get our table request in on time, so we are on the waiting list right now.......... :x

Hopefully it will work out

We will be there whether we have tables or not

James

Hey, are we playing by Kentucky rules, You boys from Minnesota should know that us boys from Idaho are a bit hazey one some of the secret rules out there, but I can assure you that there will be no toe tapping in my corrner.
Gus

When in Lousiville come and visit Cincinnati and take in its German heritage. The beer halls here will show you that YOU Candian's are the ones with the girly beer. Cincinnati is about an hour 10 minute drive away. Also the Oktoberfest celebrations are coming up such as the Mt. Adams bar crawl where for a good price you can taste all of Cincinnati's German beer and still attempt to make it to the next bar over for the next round. Great times even greater stories.

I called the LaQuinta hotel this morning to confirm my room no problem! They did inform me that there were still rooms available from 20 to 24 February. If you want to stay there you might want to strike soon. I know last year many last-minute folks had a hard time with housing.

Tentative eating plans include:

20 February -- Wednesday -- the German place
21 February -- Thursday -- the beer and pizza party in room 128
22 February -- Friday -- the Irish restaurant that the girls found [anything but that rotten prime rib place.]
23 February -- Saturday -- who knows

Gus is on tap as the sandwich man -- watch his feet and hand signals though. Thanks to Jerry I understand we will have a good base regardless of what happens with the other tables. I am not sure about T-shirts this year. I will be heading to Easter Island soon and Tahiti -- surprisingly those places are not free.

teamwork.jpg

It will all work out James! I'm working on transporting some helmets.

I hate to bring up a sore subject -- no I don't -- I think your brother is buying this year! This next picture is for him.
candy.jpg

Hey Guys,
My t shirt is going to say, "I'm from Idaho, if I am in the men's room, I am using the toilet, if I am tapping my toe, I am probably humming a tune to myself, it just means things are going slower than normal" Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Gus

Hey guys are we going to do any show and tell. If so lets set something up in a room or at the show. Maybe a room would be better as at the show alot of people ask to handle a helm or grab it off the table. Just a thought. :D :D Jerry

Jerry,

Historically many of us have congregated at the La Quinta hotel. There is some significant show and tell that happens there at times. It has become a regular function that folks meet in the Robinson room pretty much every night. We have a suite with a large sitting area, fridge, etc. and oh yes a handicap bathroom! Not only are there items to show regularly but you get the real value which is people. Many of them are not normal forum contributors -- so you get a lot of different perspectives. I always learn a lot.

The room number is 128. You are of course very welcome. Some of the people drink a lot there. Not me of course! Paul LeBrasseur is buying the drinks this year. Come on down!

Hey Guys:
I won't be there in body but I will be there in spirit! However, I still want a T shirt if there is going to be one Sweet Joey! I also demand that whoever has a lap top send me some pics of the on going festivities and militaria scores. Good luck to all of you treasure hunters, I hope that you all find your personal collector Holy Grails! I ABSOLUTELY, WILL be there next year! I will also be acting as a personal chauffeur for the ladies (after I have scoped out the Show of course). Such quality women deserve to be in the safe keeping of a quality man from north of the 49th. Brian

Back