SOS 2008

b.loree said:
Hey Guys:
I will also be acting as a personal chauffeur for the ladies (after I have scoped out the Show of course). Such quality women deserve to be in the safe keeping of a quality man from north of the 49th. Brian

That has got to be a comment on Maggie's driving skills, as far as I can tell from Maggie's side of the story, there was not reall danger of turning over, and the embankment was not that steep or high.
Gus

joerookery said:
Not only are there items to show regularly but you get the real value which is people. Many of them are not normal-- so you get a lot of different perspectives. I always learn a lot.

This has got to be one of the truest statments that has ever come from Joe's mouth
Gus

joerookery said:
Such quality women deserve to be in the safe keeping of a quality man from north of the 49th.

At least his money is worth more than ours!

Hey Joe,
I can not bring myself to admit that the Canadian dollar is worth more than ours, I would rather think that Our dollar is just worth less (note that I did not say worthless, yet)
Gus

Six weeks and counting guys. OH BOY OH BOY. I fell like a ole guy in a spike helmet shop. Well not yet, winter up nord here must be gettin to me. :D :D Jerry

Hello Boys

Has anyone gotten any response back from anybody at the SOS in regards to the tables ?

Have any of the checks been cashed ?

Got hotel room... but nothing on the table yet ...

Hey Mark,
I do not think any one has gotten a table yet, except for James who stole one from another member. I some how managed to get assigned to set up crew, and I had to have a table helper badge to do that, so I am in, but I am afraid that I will have to work:)
Gus

It is not looking like we will get any tables we requested, I was lucky enough to get an extra table from another member, and 1 pass, which leaves us many passes short to get in early.

They did not even cash my membership check which I sent in with the table request????

Will for sure book tables for next year the first day of the show this year!

James

Hey nobody stole a table. Hell starts as payment as you will be set up next to me. And no toe tappin or other such foolishness. Stole table is it ?Humm. Oh yeah I might have an extra room at the EX Inn too. Any one want to stole it? :D :D Jerry

Hey Jerry,
What is it that you Minnesotans have against toe tapping, jeesh, can't a guy use the restroom with out being accosted. If you think it will be hell for James, you do not know James that well. He will sell everything on his table in the first five minutes of the show and then be off to score big bargins, oh wait, I forgot, he will not even be around when he sells out, people just come up to his table and throw money accross the table. I have trouble selling $2 bills for $1.80, but that is another story.
Best wishse
Gus

Hey guys,

I spoke with another friend who also has NOT heard back from the SOS in regards to thier table reservation. His DID NOT go in with ours... so..... who knows what's up.

Hey Guys,
As I was talking with Jeff, I mentioned that we would sign up for our tables early in the show to avois the same problem, as I felt that by the end of the show it may be too late this year. He agreed.
I think we should get together sometine Thurstday shortly after noon, so that any one with out a floor pass can get in too, and get our table contracts filled out and turned in.
Best wishes
Toe tapping Gus

I am completely with James on this one. Randy got good results from signing up at the show. Seems like anyone who did the mail in thing got burned. Onward and upward this is going to be a great time even if I am four hours late -- I can't compete with the European Euro anyway.

He will sell everything on his table in the first five minutes of the show and then be off to score big bargins

No kidding -- I remember when Janet sold everything off this table a couple of years ago -- he bought her lunch. Of course that was that crummy food. Boy have we advanced!

Guy's those days where good, Had quality items I sold at good prices, thus they sold fast!

Now I have good items that are not as desireable left to sell, will price them fair, but will be a slower sell.

I will gladly buy any of you a potato for lunch at Gus's Cafe and a bottle of water to boot :D

Hey James,
Prices have doubled at Gus's cafe this year, but that should not have much impact.
We diffinitly need to get the tables on the first day of the show, after last year's sell out, the will be a table rush, I wonder what the chances of encreasing the number of tables would be for 2009.
Gus

joerookery said:
Tentative eating plans include:

20 February -- Wednesday -- the German place
21 February -- Thursday -- the beer and pizza party in room 128
22 February -- Friday -- the Irish restaurant that the girls found [anything but that rotten prime rib place.]

May I ask for more specifics please? "the German Place" could describe most of Cincinnati.

Could someone explain the show entry costs? The web site states that the SOS is only open to OVMS members on Thursday 21 Feb, and not open to the general public until Friday 22 Feb. To become a member is an extra $35, however, the web site does not say if OVMS members must still pay the $9 per day entry fee?

Tony,
If you are going to arrive on Thursday, then becoming a member of OVMS is the best bet, as you can get in Thursday, there is no admission to OVMS members, so you get in the rest of the show for the cost of membership. This is an organization that is well worth supporting. The Show pretty much is a ghost town on Saturday, as most of the vendors pack up and head over to the National Gun Day gun show in the next hall. Both shows have over 1,600 tables, and the SOS program has a map in the center, if you see something that interests you, it is a good idea to mark it onthe map or you may never be able to find it again.
As for the "German Place", Joe can not remember the name of the place, and we do not want to embarass him by letting on that we can remember the name, so we just call it the "German Place"
Bes twihses
Gus

"the German Place" could describe most of Cincinnati.
so very true! I cannot remember the name of the place. The_____ Haus?
It will jump out at me when I call for reservations from the phone book.
Good food -- standard German food -- people often meet at the La Quinta and carpool.

Beer and pizza party on Thursday is still a go. Cost seems to be minimal to zero as someone always picks up the tab -- I always remember being tired on Thursday -- so much to see.

Friday looks like a return to the prime rib place where the pickle heads have been invited by a bunch of helmet collectors who do not do spikes.

There is a lot of traffic on Saturday as many people who can only come for one day come on Saturday. Sunday is a ghost town.

The food at the convention center is expensive and poor. Gus offers fine repast. By Friday the bathrooms tend to be pretty disgusting. You might want to take your own hand sanitizer. What Gus said about the map is true. If you find something you might never find the table again. Last year we forgot the walkie-talkies this year, we will have them.

Hey Joe,
We remembered our walkie-talkies last year, but ours did not work in the hall. Also, you seem to forget that Janet bought the meat, cheese and rolls for lunch last year, we are planning on bring our camper again, so if any one wants a baked potato for lunch, it can be done. I think Lori likes her potatoes in a bottle.
Gus

Back