SOS 2009 Photos

Hey Tony, Since you know what we look like, I will not need to explain who is in the photos.
P1000485.jpg

I am unable to up load more photos at this time for wome reason.
Gus

turkishgrenadenotfakeliketplans023.jpg

Remy was there wearing his lucky shirt notice that it is the same one from last year
civilwar075jx9.jpg

Tony,

Some were posted on the WAF -- mostly the same junk the III Reich dealers try to sell every year, but there is one with some nice 'Haubes. The table was not labeled, but I am assuming it was Helmut's (seems like he sets up the same every year).

Linkage:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342461

Thanks Chris. Can someone PLEASE find out who owns this, how much, and take some photos? Inside, side, front, back, etc etc. I would very much appreciate it.

sos_2009.jpg

Hi Tony:

The Kürassier Helm is, indeed, the property of Herr Weitze. If memory serves, it was also featured in the inaugural Empire Military Auction with a reserve price of $6,900.00. It doesn't appear to be on Weitze's website.

I wasn't planning to return to the show Saturday, but if it's that important, I could pop in and photograph it for you (parking is six bucks).

Chas.

Lost Skeleton said:
The Kürassier Helm is, indeed, the property of Herr Weitze. If memory serves, it was also featured in the inaugural Empire Military Auction with a reserve price of $6,900.00. .

I thought it might be, but Empire wanted the extra $1000 commission. If it belongs to Helmut, I am very curious what he wants for it direct sale, and if it is the same helmet. A few photos (interior especially) would determine. Don't worry about going back Chas, hopefully one of the other guys will see this and take some photos and ask: 'Wie viel?".

I am not at the show but these look indeed like Helmut Weitze's helmets. The IR92 is excellent (on the far left), although it is an Eigentum model.
Bruno
PS: Will somebody let us know who are the pictured people?...

Tony & Kaiser said:
My Gawd! This thing just will not go away?? Completely bogus and year after year after it shows up.
thumbsdown.gif

DSC01881.jpg

AWESOME!!

I'm finally learning something about Imperial. I saw this photo, and thought it looked too cheaply made to be a pre 1914 helmet ( with the bad details on the wrappen). I was actually right for once! wOOt! :lol:

Chris Liontas said:
I was actually right for once! wOOt! :lol:
Hi Chris:

So many things are wrong with this abomination, one scarcely knows where to begin.

The Wappen is the pattern used exclusively by the 13th Ulanen Regiment (worn on Tschapkas only), but the eagle should be silver. The chinscales are reproductions, as are the funky gold Kokarden and bogus Rosetten. The cruciform spike base (largely associated with Bavaria, Württemberg, or Prussian Dragoons) is at odds with the infantry style rounded visor (plus other ranks flat peak rail). The spike itself is a total cock-up. And, what's up with that "pin the tail on the eagle?"

In other words, it's the pride of Germania International and its radioactive half-life is exceeded only by that of U236.

The landfill beckons..... :p

Chas.

Tony & Kaiser said:
My Gawd! This thing just will not go away?? Completely bogus and year after year after it shows up.
thumbsdown.gif

Wow! Even I had enough sense (which sometimes is amazing) to say to myself, "What is that THING!!????" after taking a look at it. For me it was the spike that first made me feel bad. :p

Back