SOS 2009

Gustaf said:
Hey Jerry,
James was probably snubbing you, there was a poll posted on another forum, and the vote was unanimous, James is a doody head, he even went so far as to call me a doodyhead, which I thought was a bit rude.
Best wishes
Gus
Gus you is inored. Had any of that beer "Bitch Creek"? Its made in Udaho. Didnt like it so I boiled my Brats in it to day. :D :D Jerry R.

Jerry Rehr said:
Gustaf said:
Hey Jerry,
James was probably snubbing you, there was a poll posted on another forum, and the vote was unanimous, James is a doody head, he even went so far as to call me a doodyhead, which I thought was a bit rude.
Best wishes
Gus
Gus you is inored. Had any of that beer "Bitch Creek"? Its made in Udaho. Didnt like it so I boiled my Brats in it to day. :D :D Jerry R.
Hey Jerry,
You need some lessons on how to ignore someone. As for the beer, never heard of it, it is probably just for the export market, and as for the taste, I think the name should have been a clue.
By the way, It is inappropriate to boil you kids in beer, no mater how bad the beer tasts, or how bad your kids behave.
I am pretty sure that James is snubbing you, as he answers my PMs and he does not even like me.
Best wihse
gus

ebeeby said:
What would be the best day or days to attend if you have only one or two days?
Thursday would be the best day to attend, OVMS members can get in at noon, friday is the first day for general public, saturday the hall begins to empty out to move over to the NGD gun show, sunday the place is abandoned for the most part.
If you are not an OVMS member, you can join at the gate, the cost is $25, but then you and your spouse get in to the show free (I have no idea what it costs to get in with out a membership, $10??) If you are not willing to buy a memebereship, then friday is the best day, most of the bargins are gone, but the show is still amazing (actually, the real bargins are pretty much gone by the time the show is opened to the membership) Be sure to get a program when you come in, there is a map in the center of the program, if you find something that you want to look at again, mark it on the map, or you may never find it again.
Best wishes
Gus

The last time someone told me, the group rate at the hotel was sold out. Steve and Karen Sinclair have backed out. So their room might be available at that rate. The hotel might have other rooms that are not part of the group rate. For all the new people--anyone who might be attending might want to consider the La Quinta as that is where many of the people on this forum hang out. Beer and Pizza tradition looks to be Thursday night....might be Friday depending on the girls.
moderator.jpg

Well I did not get a table. But I think I will fly out and just walk the show. Then do the gun show with a freind of mine. So hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you....And pick up a nice helmet!!!!

Russ :-x

OK Guys lest get the whos going list started. I think I will be hosting the forums interests in so far as I have tables like last year. OH BOY OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT. :D :D Jerry R.

Paul and I are still coming, no tables wich sucks, but still trying to get a badge to get in early, no luck yet?

James

I am in the no table crowd. No stinking badges. Janet and I will drive up, and I will probably be holding the table for Randy while he shops. We got to have some place to make lunch! Gus's drive-in!

I'll be there. My plan is to arrive Thursday morning and probably fly out on Saturday morning. I did the gun show once w few years ago, and it was just so crowded that I went in and walked through once and left.

Okay here is the “is going” list that I am aware of 9 Jan. 2009. The show is 5 -- 8 March 2009. We would like to know if there is anyone else coming. We like to make a headcount. A few of us will go to the German restaurant Wednesday night -- Gasthouse and I will likely try to make reservations earlier than the same day this year. Thursday is the free beer and pizza party in the Robinson room. Friday there will be a get-together at the Irish pub. We plan on driving in Wednesday sometime and leaving about noon on Saturday or early in the morning Sunday. Lunch making will either be set up at Randy's table or Jerry's table. I have no idea what the girl’s plans are.
Joe and Janet.
Gus and Maggie
James and Lori
Jerry Rehr
Randy Trawnik
Tony Cowan
James Turinetti
Peter Suciu
George Anderson
Remy Schaal
Paul Le Brass.....
Bob Evans
Gary Jarva,
Tom Pearson
Alan Schaefer

Lugar carbine??
Brian?
Dave Mosher??
Mark Avery??

Is Remy bringing his wife, I think I made some promise if he did, but I can not remember what I said, so he can pretty much make any thing up and I will be hard pressed to say no.
The weather really sucks here, it is snowing and blowing at home right now, but it is inthe 70s here where we are stranded in Arizona, I think I am getting a sun burn:) I guess I can take a nap during the heat of the day, we get to go home to more reasonable temperatures in a week or so (if we can get home, as the roads have been closed more than they are open)
Best wishes
Gus

This is Bob Evans here, under the moniker "feldgrau1418" and I will be going to my first SOS. I'll be with Jerry Rehr and the contingent from Minnesota and I'm really looking forward to this very much.

Some of you people I have known for years, some I've just recently met and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the Imperial German Militarians. Should be much fun.

Bob.

dick roback said:
Hi Guys; How do you get to the show?? Does everybody from MN drive??

Hey Dick
If you fly like James, be sure to be careful in the public restrooms, as those fellows in Minneapolis have some funny ideas as to what the stalls are used for.
Last year, those of us who drove encountered some rather crappy weather, the date of the show was set back a week to avoid that this year, but I will bet that they miss the best weather on the regular week this year.

Hey James,
You will be happy to hear we are back in Idaho after being stuck in a snow bank in Utah over night (it was in front of Maggie's sister's house, so we got free electricity) I do not know why I left 70 degree weather to drive a thousand miles through a snow storm to be shere it is cold, just stupid I guess.
Gus

Back