SOS 2009

Boy Gus you just can't let it go can ya? Four of us are driving to the Show from Minnesota. We have three tables. Its getting close.
Hey Gus :-x :-x Jerry R.

Hey Jerry. How many and who should I add to the list for the pizza party? Should we bring some stuff to sell on your table? Or are you all pretty full? Book number two will not be ready for the show, but I have some stuff that I really should move along-mostly paper items. Those Princess Diana postcards did not sell last year. So they will still be available. I just remodeled my office, but space will soon be a premium again. Janet keeps moving her stuff into my side even after we remodeled her entire area. It's almost as if her stuff is alive and spreading!

Another reason I'm trying to figure the list is to make a reasonable account of the lunch figure. I figure if we don't have badges, we can go out and buy some lunch stuff. Well to be honest, the girls will probably do it again. Water bottles and sandwiches seem to have served us well in the past and we will try to get Gus to be the pastry chef again.

Good morning Sir Joe! The four in my party are: Gary Jarva, Tom Pearson, Bob Evans( The famous "Feldgrau14/18") and me. As always my tables are at the disposal of the group as space is avilable. Is Tony& Kaiser comming? Got a helmet to show him. We will drive down on Weds.
:D :D Jerry R.

Hey Joe, I am not wearing that stupid chef hat again.
Hey Jerry, No more will be said on the previous subject, it is old news anyway, as of yesterday. The offending person was replaced by someone even dumber:) Try to get a cut from the Princess Diana cards Joe has, it could be a real money maker, I think the reason they did not sell last year was because Joe priced them too low, and people thought they could not be real at that price.
Best wihses
Gus

Hi Guys,

I'll be at Paul Carter's tables as a "helper". I'll be there sometime early Wednesday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting those I don't yet know in person! Counting down the days until the show!

Alan

Hi Joe,

Sure, I can join for Thurs nite. I don't know anything about the lunches, you'll have to fill me in. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Alan

Hey Alan,
The lunches are simple, we get some sliced meat and cheese and rolls for lunch at the show, the food on the premisis really is not very good, and very expensive, and they often run out, so we started to pack our own, and have a bit of watter on hand too. It would seem that Jerry and I have different tastes in cookies, so we get along pretty good when it comes to sharing the cookies.
Best wishes
Gsu

Alan- will be good to see you again, Gus does make a good sandwich, I think it is the special sauce

James

Hi Joe & James,

Sure, I'll do the lunches as well with you fellas. The only food I tried for lunch was the Kentucky Pork Producers fare on Saturday in the hallway down by the gun show entrance. What I had there was very good. Otherwise I didn't eat anything for lunch the other previous days.

Sounds great guys!

Alan

We added the poor soul. Don't be confused about lunch. It is not like we sit down at a separate time. People regularly stop Gus some where around Jerry's table and see if the cafeteria is open. There are two keys: finding Gus, and waiting for the girls to bring the food. Food will probably be on-site when the doors open Thursday, and Randy set the record last year by requesting a sandwich at 930 on Friday. There is not a lot of military precision or etiquette to this, but anyone who has helped themselves to it will say it's a good deal.

Great news, I just got a call from OVMS (SOS) and got 3 tables in Row P. 2-8 foots and a 6 foot endcap! So we are in!

Joe, Gus, Paul and myself will be setting up there!

Best news I have had in awhile

James

Hey Joe--
I'll be at the show. Let me know if I can give you guys a few bucks for the lunch stuff and water.

I got a major headache last year because I drink iced tea all day at home and couldn't find any during the show. This year I will bring Lipton's new cold brew tea bags so that won't be a problem! :D

I am hoping that we can make it to the highway to get to town before SOS, if we can get to town, we will be able to make it to Kentucky, even if we have to go through Texas.
Gus

Reservations have been made at the German restaurant -- the Gasthaus for 730 on Wednesday, March 4. We have a table for 12 for the Wednesday night crowd. Which currently includes: Joe and Janet, Gus and Maggie, James and Lori, Randy, Remy, Tony Cowan, and Paul. There are two open seats, if someone wants to grab them. Just let me know.

Back