SOS 2015

I saw that the dates for SOS 2016 are in April. That means a longer wait for the show but hopefully much better weather.

Well, as a 'lurker', and educator, it's impossible for me to get away for SOS. Then, after I retire, I doubt my pension will allow me to buy food, much less Pickelhaube! I guess I'll have to keep lurking, but if you want to have a 'face with the name', well then, you asked for it!

100_7478.jpg

It's nice when the helmet is better looking than the owner. :wink:

:D Ron

PS, I hope this is the right photo! I'll have to look when I get home.

Helmet is great, but I also like the Bi-plane hanging in the background and the belt buckle as well :D

James

I agree. The helmet is nice, but not many people have the class to have Pfalz and a DH-2 hanging in their kitchen.
Steve

ottodog8 said:
I agree. The helmet is nice, but not many people have the class to have Pfalz and a DH-2 hanging in their kitchen.
Steve

Very true, not many people have a wife who tolerates aircraft models over the sink and the Graf Zeppelin over the front room entrance as well as a large De Havilland Dragon Rapide floating around the bedroom ceiling (I won't even get into the 1/6 scale M5A1 in the basement), but then she knows I love to make scale models... and that I'm a bit of an eccentric at times.

Thanks for the compliments on the helmet all. It's one of my several favorites, which include a couple of beauties I purchased from members of this forum!

Well, as a 'lurker', and educator, it's impossible for me to get away for SOS.

I hear this but you live in Wisconsin. That is not that far away. You could drive down for one night. Considering how far Gustavus drives you have not convinced me. I think you are just whining! :-({|=

joerookery said:
Well, as a 'lurker', and educator, it's impossible for me to get away for SOS.

I hear this but you live in Wisconsin. That is not that far away. You could drive down for one night. Considering how far Gustavus drives you have not convinced me. I think you are just whining! :-({|=

Perhaps, perhaps, LOL. WE hear that a lot in Wisconsin, :wink: I used to drive to Fort Knox for a weekend of tank driving, but always in the spring or summer (and would LOVE to drive to Louisville in those seasons, as I could stop at Fred Ropkey's and shoot the bull there too). Here in the great white north, a day trip can easily turn into a three day trip due to weather. It's a chance I can't take as a teacher on salary.
By the way Joe, it snowed 1/4 inch here last night, I know in Texas they would've closed the schools for that. :wink:

Best to you always Joe. (that helmet looks GREAT on the shelf)

ottodog8 said:
Steve
Not a Pfalz, it is an Albatros DV, not sure of the pilot though.
Gus

Gustaf said:
ottodog8 said:
Steve
Gus

Actually an OAW DIII Italian front piloted by Oberleutnant Joseph Loeser, but it's not all that important. http://www.redfroghobbies.com/prods/RD0608.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18+ inches of snow north of us... skiing soon!

poniatowski said:
Gustaf said:
ottodog8 said:
Steve
Gus

Actually an OAW DIII Italian front piloted by Oberleutnant Joseph Loeser, but it's not all that important. http://www.redfroghobbies.com/prods/RD0608.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18+ inches of snow north of us... skiing soon!

That makes sense, the Austrians were the first to use the rounded rudder that was incorporated into the DV if I recall correctly.

Well, I'm not a WWI aircraft expert and can't tell a D V from a D III, although I can tell a Fokker FI from a DRI, which is pretty simple. For me, modeling is very relaxing and a lot of fun. Right now, I'm working on the old Revell 1/28 scale Fokker DRI, number 152 which was one of v. Richthofen's aircraft. It was sad to learn that this particular example had been preserved in Berlin until it was lost during WWII. Too bad the next commander of the squadron couldn't have had IT hidden in a mine somewhere as well.
Of course, in the US, they melted down the A7V during that time, leaving only one original left in Australia (and a NICE replica in the Panzer Museum Munster).
Okay, I'm done being off topic. I think.

Well over the last 5 years I have been unable, but now, as of 2 weeks ago I am in Virginia and I said I would go 2015. But my wife is due about 2 months later and work will have me busy over that weekend… We will see! 8 hour drive isn't so bad.

Back