SOS 2015

If you are looking for a German restaurant at SOS this is the place. You absolutely need reservations. They begin taking the reservations on six January. They are currently on vacation. It is not that far but it is car distance. The food is outstanding.

http://gasthausdining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will be interesting to see as possible much photos from the show. :oops:

I am in the same boat Leone. as many of you already know we will not be attending this year. Janet has surgery. But during the show I should be at home helping her recover Therefore, I will make the same offer Tony made several years ago – send me your pictures and I will post them. You can send them by email – message them to my phone – use Facebook. Send me the pictures. I will make a little folder on Flickr and then upload them. That also means that I will nag you to death on your cell phones is you do not send pictures. Pictures of the show are more important than making money. We need to see Peter's banners for real in use.

Joe--
I am very sorry that you can't make it, but love comes first. Our best to you and Janet and we wish her a speedy recovery.

Send me your mobile number and we can shoot some photos to you as well.

Cheers,
Peter, Enid and Derrick

I will take a Polaroid cameras so we do not have to wait for the photos to come back from the lab

Gustaf said:
I will take a Polaroid cameras so we do not have to wait for the photos to come back from the lab

I can also make slides, as long as you have a projector and carrousel

911car said:
Gustaf said:

I can also make slides, as long as you have a projector and carrousel

I always hated doing slides, there was about 13 steps in the processing opposed to three for color negatives, but powerpoint presentations will never replace a good slide presentation in my book

[/quote] but powerpoint presentations will never replace a good slide presentation in my book[/quote]

This is interesting. I was of course joking about slides. I make Powerpoint presentations all the time and the slide/carrousel era, although not so far away, just sounds like middle ages, if not prehistory. But I had never realized that slides can achieve higher quality. Just like some believe that CDs will never quite match the quality of some vinyl records...

but powerpoint presentations will never replace a good slide presentation in my book[/quote]

This is interesting. I was of course joking about slides. I make Powerpoint presentations all the time and the slide/carrousel era, although not so far away, just sounds like middle ages, if not prehistory. But I had never realized that slides can achieve higher quality. Just like some believe that CDs will never quite match the quality of some vinyl records...[/quote]

What made slide shows superior to power point presentations is that 99% of the slide shows I attended were a success, that is, they worked. I have attended about a hundred power point presentations, and I can remember one that functioned. The others ranged form almost working to having the presenter hold up her notes so we could see the photos. The medium is not to blame, it is the people who think that modern technology is the draw, and not the material presented. Most of the problems with power point is because the presenter does not bother to learn how to use it.
Now a comment about CDs. We had a young man from Germany spend a year with us in the 80s, he was buying CDs even though he did not have a CD player yet. He told me that CDs would never be obsolete (I was and am a cassette man myself). We attended his wedding in 2008, and I mentioned to him that CDs were obsolete, he looked at me like I was an idiot. I said "no one has CDs anymore, they all have ipods." He aged 30 years in about 10 seconds.

Oh and by the way, even though I am a Luddite, I was joking about the Polaroid too. digital cameras (which I said would never replace emulsion photography just 20 years ago) is the best way to capture and transmit images since man first spit berry juice on cave walls.

Believe it or not , people still seem to use Polaroids. I recently put a 1960's Polaroid Land camera on ebay UK, not really expecting it to sell, but it went for £49. I assume the film is still available!

Patrick

My digital camera is already packed, the banner is in the van. We cross the border tomorrow! Could be a problem with the banner though, I have nothing to put it up on ie supports. Maybe we tape it to the edge of one of the tables?? I have also had T shirts made up.....$15 each. I just heard on the radio that we have had 125 cm of snow this season, it will be so good to get out of the cold for a bit.

Gustaf said:
I have a way to put the banner 6 feet above the table.

Gus-- Is that having James and Paul standing on each of the table holding the banner over their heads?

Brian--
Probably too late now, but I bought electronic conduit to support the banner. These are anchored in my shelves, but there are other options. I looked at the old photos and I think James/Paul used cooper pipes but I'm not sure how they anchored the poles to the table.

Cheers,
Peter

BTW... due to the opening next to my tables I've moved down one and added a third table. So I'll be P72/73/74 (instead of just P71/72).

Peter_Suciu said:
Gustaf said:
I have a way to put the banner 6 feet above the table.

Gus-- Is that having James and Paul standing on each of the table holding the banner over their heads?

Brian--
Probably too late now, but I bought electronic conduit to support the banner. These are anchored in my shelves, but there are other options. I looked at the old photos and I think James/Paul used cooper pipes but I'm not sure how they anchored the poles to the table.

Cheers,
Peter

That is a great idea, but I doubt that I could get James to stay anywhere near the table. I have a frame that I use in my back drops for displays, there are two steel uprights with an 8 foot cross member at the top, they can be clamped to the table top and should work great.

Back