SOS B Loree Filz JzP

Just another excuse to visit his wine cellar more often... :-?
"I have to go and sniff "stinky"again !"
Francis

Spiker said:
:sign7: I should train my dog to sniff out fakes, the nose knows! :p

Then don't take him to either Hollywood or D.C. LOTS of fakes in those places! Of course, DC might cause mental problems for your poor dog, because the fakes are REAL idiots... :wink:

:D Ron

joerookery said:
Gus- is it blue and looks like a coal miners hat?

I don't think it was from a coal mine but I think he used to be one of the original singers in the Village People. :wav:
I was going to write a rude come back here, but I am so slow I will have to fall back on my best comeback "Oh yeah?"
James keeps giving me crap about my coal miners hat, the funny thing is it is really a coal miners hat, as for the Village People comment from Joe, I was int he big city a few years back, and a couple of chippies came up and asked "are you a cowboy?" I do not know why, but it really creeped me out. OK, I do know why, they were chippies.

Guten Tag Gentlemen,

Well, it seems I´ve missed this "spicy" discussion :D
I first though I was connected to the french forum because of the unusual heat of the argumentation here :D

I´am afraid to say we will never be able to prove the originality of this curious felt JzP helmet...Felt headgear is sadly known for the lot of fakes :cry: Great industrial production of felt fakes in the 70ties and 80ties, especially from Great Britain.....
But if this helmet is a fake, it´s a very dangerous well made one.... Telling from the picts, my first optical impression is quite a good one, but thinking more about it, I can´t see any logical argument to explain this special pattern.... Experimental helmet? IMO the only possible explanation, maybe because of better camouflage or weight reduction.... Only suppositions.... :-k

As french collectors always use to say, "when you have a doubt, there are no doubts anymore"...Especially at this price level [-(

However I am very curious to see the feedback on the french forum and I´ll soon start a discussion there!

Philippe

Philippe, when you found the answers, maybe you can also take a look at this tropical hat. :-k

12357_1.jpg

12357_4.jpg

joerookery said:
Ed,

Where did you find that?

V/R
Joe

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: http://www.beck-militaria.de/index.php?article_id=1&clang=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you Ed. I don't like it at all. This one has some real inconsistencies with m15 type hardware and red numbers.

Code:
Now you guys have me curious and I'm willing to do a little experiment with it: I have a 'wine cellar' ( actually a cement store-room under our front porch) that gets musty, but not moldy, in the summer. I'm going to place it in there and see how long it takes to get an aged smell. I'll report back when (if) it does or doesn't. I have enough authentic helmets to know what one smells like, so we'll see what happens. It might take all summer, but we'll see.  :)
Ron, how's the experiment going. I'm anxiously waiting for the result...

Concerning things coming from a museum, I can assure you that not everything in museums is original... Here are a few pics from a glass cabinet in the Passchendaele museum in Zonnebeke. This should be one of the most interesting museums in Belgium, but guess what they have in their collection... one of the well known (Brittish) fakes from the seventies...
I took these pictures in 2011 but never visited the museum again. Maybe this isn't on display anymore at this moment.

Adler

Back