The Kaiser’s Prize (Kaiserschiessabzeichen)

Thanks to all
Still looking for any Kaiser Infantry Prizes with 2
or more years on the prize
Steve

Steve; You are right, of the 26 that I have seen only about 3 had C.E. Juncker markings. Most of the backings are blank. Never have seen any other maker marks!

Steve; You are right, of the 26 that I have seen only about 3 had C.E. Juncker markings. Most of the backings are blank. Never have seen any other maker marks!
Steve; One more question. Would Juncker have made the Bavarian metal backings? I know they did not make aviation badges.

Dick ;
Most do not have a makers stamp
C E Junker is one
Steve
Ahoi,
most Juncker pieces have a CEJ under the crown and often the loops on Juncker pieces are sawn out.
According to the catalog (from 1922), Steinhauer-Lück (for example) also produced (or just sold?) badges.
;) Best regards, Jens

p.s.: after service, most badges were returned and perhaps the badges and backing plates were mixed???

Attachments

• KaiserAbz19081913.jpg
    KaiserAbz19081913.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • KatalogSteinhauerLueck1922.jpg
    KatalogSteinhauerLueck1922.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Ahoi,
most Juncker pieces have a CEJ under the crown and often the loops on Juncker pieces are sawn out.
According to the catalog (from 1922), Steinhauer-Lück (for example) also produced (or just sold?) badges.
;) Best regards, Jens

p.s.: after service, most badges were returned and perhaps the badges and backing plates were mixed???
Jens; Thanks for the great photos and information! Don't think I ever looked under the crown for markings!

That is correct
I have a few with CEJ under the Reich's crown
One of my best example is my 1914 Naval Kaiser Prize
I have less King's Prizes but in the next few days
I will be working up my displays
for King's Infantry and Artillery
Steve

re. the rarity of Naval Artillery Kaiser Prizes. I did some calculations on the total number of prizes awarded and the result was rather surprising.

Over the span from 1895 to 1913 there were a total of 183 Kaiser's Artillery awards made. 61 of those awards were made to the Navy which means that 33% of the Prizes were made to the Navy. During the later years as the size of the fleet expanded and detachments were in more far flung areas the proportion of awards to the Navy increased. For example in the years 1907, 1908, 1910 and 1911 there were a total of 28 awards to Army artillery units and 24 awards to the Navy.

In 1913 there were 14 awards made 7 of which went to the Navy.

So, the numbers indicate that these Navy awards should not be as rare as they undoubtedly are (I've never even seen one for sale).

Before the new information that I obtained from a collector friend
in Germany , I didn't know what to look for
How to tell the differene between Army Artillery and Naval Artillery
I bought an Artillery Kaiser Prize collection from a fiend
I had them for a few weeks as I was working on my display
I found out that 2 of them were Naval
My collector friend did not know that he had 2 Naval Prizes
the sellers he got them from did not know they were Naval
and I didn't know that I had bought 2 Naval until a few days ago
The very best ones IMO are the ones stamped with a " K "
or a " W " and the issue date after that
Steve

Jens; Thanks for the great photos and information! Don't think I ever looked under the crown for markings!
Dick ;
I just finised my 2 dispalys of King's Prizes
18 Infantry and 7 Artillery
I checked each back plate and I did not
find a single one that had a Makers stamp
photos to follow
Steve

Back