2023 SOS

Experienced SOS visitors: How does OVMS handle plus ones? My wife is joining me, and I'd like her to be able to walk the show with me but it would seem silly to get her a membership to do so (we will if we have to, of course). Are non-collector family/guests accommodated somehow? I'm especially thinking of the member-only entrance on Thursday. (No response from OVMS - so I thought I'd tap the wisdom-rich hive mind here!)
Jeff- spouses are free with your membership, just have to stop at front desk of show and get a spouse pass!!

James

Looks like the weather will be 50s that week but with rain. Still better than the ice storm we had back around 2007.

Experienced SOS visitors: How does OVMS handle plus ones? My wife is joining me, and I'd like her to be able to walk the show with me but it would seem silly to get her a membership to do so (we will if we have to, of course). Are non-collector family/guests accommodated somehow? I'm especially thinking of the member-only entrance on Thursday. (No response from OVMS - so I thought I'd tap the wisdom-rich hive mind here!)
As the name suggests, members only entrance means you have to be members.

Here are the official hours for the show:

Wednesday - (Drop off) 5-8pm for dealers, helpers and family - as well as Life members
Thursday - 8am for dealers to move in, members (and family) at 12noon t 5pm
Friday - 8:30am for dealers, members/public at 9am to 5pm
Saturday - 8:30am for dealer, members/public at 9am. Dealers can pack up at 3pm, hall open until 5pm.
Sunday - Dealers can start to move out at 9am, and members can enter the hall until 12noon. Dealers should be out by 5pm.

I should have gotten to James’ table a few minutes earlier last year. Art Sylvie got there just before I did and bought a beautiful Hessen Schirmmutze. I’m still kicking myself.

I should have gotten to James’ table a few minutes earlier last year. Art Sylvie got there just before I did and bought a beautiful Hessen Schirmmutze. I’m still kicking myself.
sorry to hear, that was a great hat!

James

Spouses pf members get in on the member's badge, you need to stop at the ticket booth to get her a sticker. That is the way it has been in the past anyway. This is a very family friendly show.

My son Logan and I will be leaving in the early hours of Wednesday morning. We will cross the border at Buffalo NY. Louisville is about a 10 hour drive for us. Logan has lived with pickelhauben all his life but has never been to the SOS. I have already warned him about how weird Gus and James can be. 😀

I will be flying to Louisville from New York next Tuesday. Got one day free in Louisville, I wonder anyone have some sightseeing recommendations in the city?:)

Last edited:
Back