Louisville SOS

spikeymikey said:
I know I wont be there but I'm getting a laugh from all of this. :glasses8:

Me too, it's hard to know that I wont be there too...
I would love to see "the nuts" in action... :lol:
Otto

I cant wait to go to the show, not only to meet all the guys. Its like going into the best toy store in heaven

From what I hear, Craig's party is usally a big hit! We will ahve to play ti by ear! Do we really want to hang out with those Thrid REich guy's???? :)

James

Craig's party at MAX in 2003 (the last year it was in Pittsburgh) wasn't too bad. But the crowd is a bit into the Third Reich stuff.

I don't get into until Friday morning, so I'll miss it.

peter_suciu said:
Craig's party at MAX in 2003 (the last year it was in Pittsburgh) wasn't too bad. But the crowd is a bit into the Third Reich stuff.

If you go to Gottlieb's 'gathering' don't forget your Nazi armbands!

Joe--
I don't think that is Craig who was married in an SS uniform. Craig's an OK guy, but he is a little too into his Nazi daggers. Oh and he's Jewish (shhh...wouldn't want to upset those TR collectors too much).

But Tony's comment is too far off. If I was getting in on Thursday night I'd rather watch TV than head to the party...and I'm staying at the same hotel.

As I said, it wasn't too bad...which I kindly meant to say that no one was singing the Horst Wessel song...yet! :D

Hey, Aren't we havein a party in Joe's room on Thursday night? Chas and Slim are supposed to bring the beer. No arm band required, just wear your t shirt.
Gus

Last year I did see a father with his 6-10 yr old daughter and son and they were dressed as a Luftwaffe flak crew. It was just a little bit awkward when My father and I walked by.

I believe Tom Wittmann, the German Dagger dealer and one of the owners of MAX, sent out a Christmas Card that had a photo of him wearing an SS uniform.

I spoke to Wittmann for an article I wrote on the MAX, and the guy really kept going back to the Nazi stuff and how "it is just history." I asked why he doesn't push for more international, imperial, etc. at the show and basically he said, "there is nothing wrong with Third Reich militaria, it is just history."

Thus MAX will likely remain the Nazi Love Fest for many years to come. I've given up on the show. It isn't worth my time or money.

I get Tom's X-mas card every year, and every year it is a differant rendering of him in some kind of Third Reich uniform!

To each his own I guess

James

I didn't know the Xmas card tradition continued! That is really in bad taste.

Hey, I collect some strange things and I've paid a fortune for helmets...but the idea of dropping $5k on an SS dagger just seems insane.

The story I still love to tell:
I was at the local militaria show in New Jersey and someone had a MINT double decal SS helmet with the early apple green paint. Very nice helmet...but some bozo comes up and says, "now that's a warrior's helmet." I mean, what the hell is that? I just walked away, but my thought...it is a guard's helmet or a clerk's helmet. Neither is a "warrior" in my mind.

But as you say, to each their own.

Back