SOS 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok.. that was funny...... problem is.. he'll get all teary eyed... sniffle.. cry.. pout.. and then pick up his helmets and go home (hey... what am I saying... that sounds like a plan :D )

For next year !!!!!!

Crap !

You have to tell them your with the Gun show.. as the Gun show reserves a whole wing I think.

Joe.. if your making the reservations now... get a few rooms (they have them adjoining too).......

Cheers
M

I made reservations at the La Quinta. Do you know the formal name of the Gun show? They couldn't help me with a generic "Gun Show"

La Quita is http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ836&propId=836

I booked a suite as I figured more room for beer and pizza. Regular rate is $99+tax free breakfast.

Hey Oshawa Mark, no problem, all pickelhaube .com members and their wives are welcome. There are no exceptions and this is not some sort of exclusive club. Speak up if you plan on being at the next SOS. The more the merrier!! It would be nice to have an extra Canuck or 2 at the show. Margo and I had a fantastic time. It was the ideal combination...the girls got together and laughed at their husbands, had lunch, toured Louisville, shopped and then we all had dinner together and partied. With the Haube Heads, both you and your spouse can have a great time at the SOS! Brian

joerookery said:
I made reservations at the La Quinta. Do you know the formal name of the Gun show? They couldn't help me with a generic "Gun Show"

La Quita is http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ836&propId=836

I booked a suite as I figured more room for beer and pizza. Regular rate is $99+tax free breakfast.
National Gun Day

b.loree said:
Hey Oshawa Mark, no problem, all pickelhaube .com members and their wives are welcome. There are no exceptions and this is not some sort of exclusive club. Speak up if you plan on being at the next SOS. The more the merrier!! ! Brian

Now that I'm retired, I'm also seriously thinking of attending next years ( CY 2007) SoS. For many years I've heard about the SoS's, but have never had the opportunity to make the trip.
I typically head to Florida for a few weeks late Jan/early Feb and could make the detour to the SoS on the return trip.
Is the 2007 Show going to be held in Louisville?
If so, my wife and I'll probably pop in for a day or 2..
Cheers,
Harry

I tried. They do not have that event loaded. This year is the "National Gun Show". They will not tell me who/what the rooms are blocked for an keep trying to send me to the east. They said try in June!

vhawk said:
b.loree said:
Hey Oshawa Mark, no problem, all pickelhaube .com members and their wives are welcome. There are no exceptions and this is not some sort of exclusive club. Speak up if you plan on being at the next SOS. The more the merrier!! ! Brian

Now that I'm retired, I'm also seriously thinking of attending next years ( CY 2007) SoS. For many years I've heard about the SoS's, but have never had the opportunity to make the trip.
I typically head to Florida for a few weeks late Jan/early Feb and could make the detour to the SoS on the return trip.
Is the 2007 Show going to be held in Louisville?
If so, my wife and I'll probably pop in for a day or 2..
Cheers,
Harry
Hey Harry, the show is in Louisville, try to be there on thursday noon (you will need to be a member of the OVMS, but the dues are $30 and one can join at the door (although it would be better to do it by mail, as it would allow you to walk right in with out standing in line) Membership gets you and your spouse in to the show, the best stuf dissapears before noon on thursday when only exeditors are allowed in the hall, and by Friday when the public is allowed in, most of the great bargins are history (but there is still loads of good stuff to be had. Be there or be square.
Gus

It would be nice to have an extra Canuck or 2 at the show.

Paul forgot to add that they are massing on the border! 90% of the Canadian pop lives within 100 miles of the US border. Soon bugle calls -- then they come in waves!

Anywy I hope so. Harry book your room soon. You need not worry about US beer, the stuff Chas brings has as much punch as anything. Tastes good too. We need to hook up a camera with Paul in the sandbox. He is one of us and we need to cherish his return.

Spikeymikey flog a few paintings and send us the French woman. You can come if you must. Like Brian said this is a couples event. I didn't buy anything, spent a lot and have seldom had a better time.
Very well worth it -- we are driving next year.

Let me explain "tables"
At first I thought it was a place to sit and stack coats. Coats go under the table and any little thing you want goes on the table like a big garage sale. I am loading the van and selling off all these bits I have. James made out selling old 3rd Reich crap. You can sell ANY militaria. There are enough of us that someone is always "watching" the tables and Janet sold lots of crud in exchange for lunch. It was a BLAST.

Nobody but nobody had the cohesion of the haubeheads. WAF took a picture and Gotlieb had a party but you could spot a pickelhead a mile away with the red sleaves. Someone came over and wanted to buy a shirt!

Janet and I will buy some shirts next year too. I think we should put a pic of Paul wearing a haube on the front --- and the date he is due back. We may well toast him but why did you make him a moderator?

We may well toast him but why did you make him a moderator?
Yes, Why? And did you see Paul's new signature? I think it is time to cut him down a peg. (I waited until he can not get me to make such a comment)
Gus

Oops, it looks like I am logged in as Maggie, I might have to head over to the girls forums, any way, it would seem that we are headed to Yuma AZ for a gun show this week end, when it rains, it pours. It is only 900 miles, but I think we will take two days to do it. Fun, fun, sillywilly, narf!
Gus

Gustaf said:
Yes, Why? And did you see Paul's new signature? I think it is time to cut him down a peg. (I waited until he can not get me to make such a comment)
Gus

Don't make me edit you Gus.

Paul

Paul LeBrasseur said:
Gustaf said:
Gus

Paul
I knew this would happen, pretty soon the inmates will be running the assalym, I thought you were headed to the sand box.
Gus
ps, I loved the synopsis of the party, I nominate you to be the secretary to take the minutes of all of our meetings, you must have had a tape recorder there to do such a spot on report. Oh by the way it is Pooh, not poo. Get it right ya loonie egg beater driver

Rendsburg said:
Gustaf said:
Rendsburg said:
TRICHEUR :x !!!
Otto
Be careful, old man. don't get your blood pressure too high.
Zaphod

I can be an old man,but I`m sexy...The girls loves me...See my photo with the girls at SOS 8)
Otto

I've seen your photo, holding Maysa, in your underwear! Notice the shocked look on the little girl behind you.

Zaphod

Gustaf said:
Paul LeBrasseur said:
Gustaf said:
Gus

Paul
I knew this would happen, pretty soon the inmates will be running the assalym, I thought you were headed to the sand box.
Gus
ps, I loved the synopsis of the party, I nominate you to be the secretary to take the minutes of all of our meetings, you must have had a tape recorder there to do such a spot on report. Oh by the way it is Pooh, not poo. Get it right ya loonie egg beater driver

See Gus.. You are the Pooh (Poo) expert. What were you thinking when you bought that Tattoo? A few to many Fuzzy Navals that night?

Hey, you are the Navel Expert. I must have had a few too many fuzzy navals when I got the tatoo, I do not remember getting it, and I am sure the tatttooist screwed up, cuz I wanted Tigger.
Gus

Back