SOS 2007

Gustaf said:
Hey Harry, the show is in Louisville, try to be there on thursday noon (you will need to be a member of the OVMS, but the dues are $30 and one can join at the door (although it would be better to do it by mail, as it would allow you to walk right in with out standing in line) Membership gets you and your spouse in to the show, the best stuf dissapears before noon ......
Gus

I'll try not to be square. :lol:
But clue me in - what is "the OVMS"?? (Will I need to give up my Canadian citizenship for it?)
And to whom do I send my payment to?
BTW, If all the good stuff is gone by noon, how does one get in before noon? :?

OVMS stands for Ohio Valley Military Society. Its the club that puts this on. We will post a link later. I'm at the University and a bit out of pocket.

The way you get in Thursday morning is to be a table exhibitor or a table helper. You have heard all the chatter about helper badges well we are trying to figure out how to maximize them. The good stuff is not all gone in fact new stuff appeared Friday mornig. Some dealers do not open until Thurs afternoon. Weitze for instance is roaming the hall buying stuff before he opens his tales.

Gus and I get a table so the trick is team up and buy tables I guess. The next trick is getting all of the tables co-located. It is a BIG venue so we need to be together.

PS We snuck Chas in this year. We also maximize the "little Joey" nursing and the "make a wish" deal. A "nurse" gets in too!

joerookery said:
OVMS stands for Ohio Valley Military Society. Its the club that puts this on. We will post a link later. I'm at the University and a bit out of pocket. ................................................
Thanks for that.
I was able to Google "Ohio Valley Military Society" and their main website popped up along with membership applications, etc.
I see they don't accept applicants with crminal records. :eek:
I better check to make sure I don't have any unpaid parking tickets. :D

vhawk said:
joerookery said:
OVMS stands for Ohio Valley Military Society. Its the club that puts this on. We will post a link later. I'm at the University and a bit out of pocket. ................................................
Thanks for that.
I was able to Google "Ohio Valley Military Society" and their main website popped up along with membership applications, etc.
I see they don't accept applicants with crminal records. :eek:
I better check to make sure I don't have any unpaid parking tickets. :D
Hey Vhawk, you might just need to give up your Canadian citizenship to be a member of the OVMS, I have seen some plans that the Canadian Government has to invade the US, and I do not think you can be a memeber if you are affiliated with any organization that seeks to overthrough the US government (maybe that is why there are so few democrats in the club). Joe is right about there being some good stuff after noon on thurs, but often it has changed tables and the price has escalated in the process.
Gus

Gustaf said:
Hey Vhawk, you might just need to give up your Canadian citizenship to be a member of the OVMS, I have seen some plans that the Canadian Government has to invade the US, and I do not think you can be a memeber if you are affiliated with any organization that seeks to overthrough the US government (maybe that is why there are so few democrats in the club). Joe is right about there being some good stuff after noon on thurs, but often it has changed tables and the price has escalated in the process.
Gus

Thanks Gus,
If there is a plan by the Canadian Gov't to invade the U.S. (and there's every reason to believe there is), I'm not sure I'll be called up as the last piece of military hardware I was trained to operate was the 105mm Centurion tank and I got a feeling that an Abrams M1 battle tank would make mince meat of me before I got 1/2 way across the Peace Bridge. :D
That said, hundreds of Canadians are getting ready for the push south by practicing their hand-to-hand combat skills on baby seal pups.
As for high prices for good stuff in the afternoon - Great!!!. I've always found it hard to impossible to resist good stuff which is reasonably priced. High prices will make it easier to walk away. :cry:

Gus you guy's in Idaho get the septic tanks going , to invade us yet. We have more oil than the hole of the arb states so .I also want remind you as war between ud score is 2-0 and 1 tie .
Do not get me mad cause i will have to get the sherman out of the shed
Mark :greentank:

Hey Mark, Don't laugh at the septic tanks, they can be a mean weapon, especialy if it is loaded. All I have to say, If you Canucks invade, bring beer.
Gus

:x The horror of conyaminating our Beer supplie with Coors and other US beers ,THT wpould explain the lack of a gokd medal for our Hockey team

zipperheads9 said:
:x The horror of conyaminating our Beer supplie with Coors and other US beers ,THT wpould explain the lack of a gokd medal for our Hockey team
That is what I am saying, if you guys invade, bring beer, or you will have to learn to drink water.
Gus

Ok boys....

Lets get this kicked off.......

If you want to have tables together.... please send me your reservation form and check by April 15th. Then, I will forward all the reservations together and request that they be set up in a group.

My address:

PM or email me for address.

As they come in.. I'll post that I have rec'd them.

Cheers
Mark

joerookery said:
Mark, Where do we get a reservation form?

Here is a link to the reservation form from the OVMS site
http://www.sosovms.com/2007_sos.pdf

There is a reservation form in the back of the SOS gatalogue, I will e-mail a copy to you Joe, and if anyone else needs one, I can send you one too.
Gus

Ok I'm planning a table and I just talked to Randy T. he will have one. So we will send Mark our forms and $. Mark should we make the checks out to you or OVMs.....in other words do you need to send in one big check?

Spikey do you think Johnny Depp wants a table? The almost Miss Teen Texas soon to be full time Aggie would offer to be his table helper. I think I will be selling 3 helmets. I have a cunning plan to buy a nice one before then. :D :D :D

On another note did you all see that
Herman Historica was selling the King of Saxony's Guarde Reiter? So If you all would like to buy this for me as a contribution to my "make a wish" list I think I might accept.

Hey Joe,
I just sent a check to Mark made out to OVMS, that way Mark will not need to mess with funds.
I think you are abusing the "Make a wish" program, that was just to get us into a crouded resteraunt. But hey, if it works, more power to you.
Gus

I will be sending my table request and check to Mark ASAP.

Sounds like it should be fun.

Joe the problem with you selling 3 helmets is they will probably not make it to the show, I am sure I will buy them the night before using my Pickelhaubes.com discount!

James

I am working in on a 109th. Might be this summer or fall. Might not happen at all. If I get it I have to sell my 109th OR I have an Engineer Officer I should sell and an absolutely "perfect" Dragoon OYV with the plume problem. Maybe I should sell it to you....you got the silver spike!

My old marketing prof said give a 10% discount on a 200% markup. So I will give you the Dragoon if you give me the Saxon King's helmet.... I'm sure Farm Girl would approve so don't bother asking her.

Hello Boooooooys !

In the mail today... I received.... (drum roll please)......

Applications from

Gus.....
Joe...... and
James....

Please pass the word.... if anyone else wants in on this... get them to me asap..... the 15th will be here soon.....

Cheers
Mark

Back