My 2 - 1/2 Year Project

I completed this one last week and it is now at its home.
Blue 332
Story Of Blue 332
Late in the war in the middle of the night an M-4 Sherman happened unto Blue 332.
The Sherman commander and crew did not know if it was abandoned or not so they fired a star shell over the top of the tank.
The crew of the Tiger were asleep and the star shell made them think that the tank was on fire so they bailed out.
All of the crew were shot except one , who made it out and escaped.
The Sherman commander had an idea of taking this newly captured Tiger and kill another Tiger with it !
Well he ran out of gas before he was able to do so.
It was commandeered by officials and shipped to the States were it is today.
It now resides at Aberdeen with the port side of the turret cut out for viewing.
I have done my best to capture the paint scheme of how it sits now

Last edited:
I completed this one last week and it is now at its home.
Blue 332
Story Of Blue 332
Late in the war in the middle of the night an M-4 Sherman happened unto Blue 332.
The Sherman commander and crew did not know if it was abandoned or not so they fired a star shell over the top of the tank.
The crew of the Tiger were asleep and the star shell made them think that the tank was on fire so they bailed out.
All of the crew were shot except one , who made it out and escaped.
The Sherman commander had an idea of taking this newly captured Tiger and kill another Tiger with it !
Well he ran out of gas before he was able to do so.
It was commandeered by officials and shipped to the States were it is today.
It now resides at Aberdeen with the port side of the turret cut out for viewing.
I have done my best to capture the paint scheme of how it sits now

Hi pickelhauben, Great looking model of a Tiger II. Is the Blue 332 at Aberdeen with the port side cutout on display inside or outside? When the Armor School was at Knox, it had a Tiger II with port side cutouts that showed the crew compartment. I wonder if it is the same one; if not, the other one must now be in storage at Ft. Benning.
Best regards,
John

Hey John,
I am not really sure were it sits today.
But yes it does have the side and turret cut out for viewing.
The only thing that I know is the story behind it.
My next consigned King Tiger will be a 1/18 copy of the one in Bovinton.
This will be my first attempt at Zimmerit

Last edited:
Thank you Peter B
My first consignment after Christmas.
Wittman's 007 Death Tiger 1.
Wittman was the top German Panzer Ace during WW2
007 was a barrowed tank for his last patrol
There was quite a controversy on how it came to it's demise.
Attack from the air or shot on the ground.
After years of debate the general consensus is that it was taken out by a Canadian Sherman Firefly.
There is only one picture of 007 after the battle and many renditions of the paint scheme.
I have combined a few of the schemes to render mine.
I have combined 2 different manufacturers of 1/18 Tigers for this project with a lot of scratch building.
As usual I had a local sign maker make the stencils and the markings were painted on.
The crossed key insignias are decals
A total of about 60 hours worth of work.

Last edited:
Mathew
You do truly outstanding work on modeling WW2 German Armor! The Tiger I has always been one of my favorite tanks to study and model, I however cannot come close to your quality of detail and craftsmenship.
Thanks for sharing!
John

Here is my latest consignment.
The bike is from the Indiana Jones Collection.
I customized it heavily and paired it with my side car mod.
As always it is 1/18th scale.

Last edited:
Back