The flags of the Kaiser Garde Grenadier Regt. 1 / I Batl and IV Batl on parade

KAGGR#1

The KAGGR # 1 on parade .They wear the parade miters which were handed down to the regiment by the 1 Garde
Regt. zu Fuss after they received their new silver front miters .To the left is the flag of the I Batl. with the special
" Dresden " parade banner .The flag has a Colburg 1807 banner made into the flag body .The pole top is an 1813 Grand Cross
of the Iron Cross . The flag was replaced in 1900 .Next is the flag of the IV Batl which was given on 1894 . The IV Batl has a cyphered
pole top . All 4 Batl flags of the regiment were looted by the Russians after WWII and taken to Moscow where they were trooped in their Victory Parade .
Steve
KAGGR 1 flags of I B  IV B.jpeg

The I Batl of the KAGGR # 1 was formed on 1814 .For the 100 year Anniv. of the regiment
on 1914 a special Sakular Parade Banner was awarded to the flag .I have this Sakular banner in my collection .
The II Batl . was raised by drawing troops from Grenadier Regts. 1 and 3 so they were allowed the tradition
of these two regiments and their Sakular Parade Banner carries the dates of 1655 and 1685 .This Sakular
Banner is also in my collection
SteveGarde Grenadier Regt 1  Sakular flag streamers  I and I I Batl.jpeg
Sakular G G R 1  a.jpeg

Steve, I am totally amazed at the apparent extent of your collection. You have let us peek in a few times but from what you have shown, I'm betting that your collection is awesome. Thank you.

Fortunately, I have met with Steve on several occasions at the SOS. He is a true gentleman of the South and always stops off at our tables to show James and I his latest finds. Most times we are left shaking our heads, never seen that before, where did he find that?? Indeed, he has an awesome collection.

Thanks to all
Neil ;
Remember you are in for a visit the next time that you are in my area .
Steve

Great and congratulations Steve - great pieces again - thank you for sharing!
Best regards, Jens

Here the ribbons of the Fusilier Battalion Kaiser-Garde-Gren.-Rgt, Nr.1
Source/book: http://shop.wgm-rastatt.de/products...3-teil-1-das-koniglich-preusische-gardekorps/
The flag of the Fusilier Batl made it out of Russia some years ago .
It appears the parade banners for the Fusilier Batl were saved and never taken to Russia .
I know some years ago they were at Rastatt Museum .Redlin did the small books on some of the flags
and their parts .
I think they are all now at the DHM .
Here is the I Batl .
I think that this flagView attachment A 1 I Batl.jpeg is still in Russia
Steve

steve,
A piece worthy of a museum !!!!!
Do you have more explanation about the several type banners fixed on the flag ?
thanks a lot
regards
pp

steve,
A piece worthy of a museum !!!!!
Do you have more explanation about the several type banners fixed on the flag ?
thanks a lot
regards
pp
Thank you .
I have the Fahna books done in Berlin in the 1890's
However they are done in the old German Gothic print .
Also some of the streamers were given out to the flags after the books were printed .
It is very hard for me to find information on the Sakular Parade banners that were
awarded when the regiment was 100 years old
A regiment raised in 1812 would be 100 years old in 1912
the books were printed and nothing in them on far as the Sakular banners go
Redlin did a series of prints on the Prussian flags
They were done in black & white and the buyer had to have the talent
and time to color them all. I have never seen what I consider to be a complete set .
The best and quickest reference to see what streamers and banner the flags had
is the Bulgarian Fahna card album .It is 100 % complete however it don't show
why the banners were awarded
Here is a plate from the Redlin series in B & W
Then a color photo of the same Sakular parade banner in my collection .
SteveSakular I R 14 I I Bataillon.jpegS  I R 14  I I Batl.jpeg

The flag of the Fusilier Batl made it out of Russia some years ago .
It appears the parade banners for the Fusilier Batl were saved and never taken to Russia .
I know some years ago they were at Rastatt Museum .Redlin did the small books on some of the flags
and their parts .
I think they are all now at the DHM .
Here is the I Batl .
I think that this flagView attachment 25527 is still in Russia
Steve
Hi Steve,
ah ok - in 1999 there was also a big auction in Germany, about twelve flags, ribbons, etc. was sold. Do you know this auction-catalog?
Best regards Jens

... and a nice book: https://www.google.de/books/edition/Geschichte_der_Königlich_Preussischen_F/ftkUAAAAYAAJ?hl=de&gbpv=1&dq=flaggen+und+standarten&printsec=frontcover

Attachments

• KatalogFahnen1999.jpg
    KatalogFahnen1999.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hi Steve,
ah ok - in 1999 there was also a big auction in Germany, about twelve flags, ribbons, etc. was sold. Do you know this auction-catalog?
Best regards Jens

... and a nice book: https://www.google.de/books/edition/Geschichte_der_Königlich_Preussischen_F/ftkUAAAAYAAJ?hl=de&gbpv=1&dq=flaggen+und+standarten&printsec=frontcover
Jens ;
Yes that was the Jan K. Kube auction .
Some branch of the German country filed a lawsuit against Kube saying that the flags
belonged to the German Nation and he had no right to ownership or to sell them .
Kube hired a lawyer and won the lawsuit and the auction went on .
I won several of the pole unit rings ; 1870/71 KDM streamers 1900 Banderole and 1870 Iron Cross pole top .
Photo shows the unit rings
SteveK D M  3.JPG

Back