New Helmet: British Other Ranks Home Service Helmet – Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles

Other powers headgear from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Moderator: Peter_Suciu

Peter_Suciu

New Helmet: British Other Ranks Home Service Helmet – Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles

Post by Peter_Suciu » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 am

Here is a rare Victorian Era British Other Ranks Home Service Helmet to the Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles. That was an infantry regiment of the Volunteer Force and Territorial Force of the British Army from 1798 to 1921; it saw active service in the Boer War and World War I as part of the London Regiment. The unit – as the name suggests – was made up entirely of volunteer civil servants and their friends. On formation of the Territorial Force in 1908 the Civil Service Rifles became part of the newly formed London Regiment and was titled 15th Battalion London Regiment (Civil Service Rifles).

CSRC1.jpg
CSRC5.jpg
CSRC6.jpg

b.loree
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Helmet: British Other Ranks Home Service Helmet – Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles

Post by b.loree » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 am

Congratulations Pete, I have always loved the look and quality of these Home Service helmets, very cool!
Remember, Pillage first THEN Burn ...

aicusv
Special Ranks Member
Special Ranks Member

Re: New Helmet: British Other Ranks Home Service Helmet – Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles

Post by aicusv » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:36 am

I agree, always loved these, only have one and a couple of plates, but could easily get into collecting them.
fezzes frigidus es

stuka f
Special Ranks Member
Special Ranks Member

Post by stuka f » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:45 am

Love them too!
I got one, but it turned out to be a bogus...
So it stayed with that one.
Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
http://virtueel-museum-antwerpen.webnode.be/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers
|<ris