WTB: Complete GM-15 and other German Gas Masks

List any items that are not Pickelhauben such as hats, swords, steel helmets, badges etc you are looking for here.
Galacnor1

WTB: Complete GM-15 and other German Gas Masks

Post by Galacnor1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:52 am

Hey guys,

I got locked out of my old account and keep hitting a 404 error when I try to recover my password...oh well! Heres my new account!

I sold off my WW1 German gas masks a while ago and am trying to rebuild my collection.

I've had decent luck with getting a displayable GM-17; but, a new GM-15 in acceptable condition has been less forthcoming.

Is anyone in the know about a GM-15/Gummimaske for sale?

Must be in a "Complete" condition with the carry canister, both straps on the can, instruction card in the bottom, etc; but, willing to pay "complete" price for a complete mask!

Bonus points if anyone can turn up a GM-17 for me to buy that can "outrank" my current one on display! Same criteria-complete condition! My current 17 displays well and is a complete named example; but, has two original stress cracks in the lid that I'm not thrilled about. [-(

Also buying interwar Reichswar GM-17 and GM-18 conversions (the ones in the taller cans with the exhale valves) and certain WW2 German masks.

Thanks all
Alex

SkipperJohn
Special Ranks Member
Special Ranks Member

Re: WTB: Complete GM-15 and other German Gas Masks

Post by SkipperJohn » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Galacnor1

Post by Galacnor1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 am

SkipperJohn wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:58 pm
Here's a GM17:

https://www.treasure-hunt.nl/product/20 ... r-compleet

John :)

Howdy John,

Happy 4th of July to you, wherever you are! :guns:

Thanks for the lead on the GM-17. I have to admit, its a rather nice example; but, the strap damage is a little detracting at that pricepoint, even if its period!

Tough call on that one, I'd say 475 is at the high end of fair market on that one, even in todays market. Maybe I could talk a little off the top, though.

Am I wrong to assume that "AGFA" stamp is the same "AGFA" that produced photo processing chemicals and paper?

Cheers, John.

Alex

SkipperJohn
Special Ranks Member
Special Ranks Member

Post by SkipperJohn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Galacnor1 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 am
SkipperJohn wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:58 pm
Here's a GM17:

https://www.treasure-hunt.nl/product/20 ... r-compleet

Howdy John,

Happy 4th of July to you, wherever you are! :guns:

Thanks for the lead on the GM-17. I have to admit, its a rather nice example; but, the strap damage is a little detracting at that pricepoint, even if its period!

Tough call on that one, I'd say 475 is at the high end of fair market on that one, even in todays market. Maybe I could talk a little off the top, though.

Am I wrong to assume that "AGFA" stamp is the same "AGFA" that produced photo processing chemicals and paper?

Cheers, John.

Alex
Alex,
I saw this gas mask a while back and remembered it when I saw your post in the forum.
I don't know what "AGFA" is, but I assumed that it was the same company that made X-ray plates and film.
The AGFA trade mark was established for that firm in 1897 and I doubt that another company would have been allowed to use it.
In 1925 AGFA became part of IG Farben.

That's the best guess I can offer.

Happy 4th to you as well! :salute: