sent rare 92 INF Braunschweig OYV helm to Der Rittmeister

Moderator: b.loree

le Gaulois

sent rare 92 INF Braunschweig OYV helm to Der Rittmeister

Post by le Gaulois » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Sent my rare 92 INF Braunschweig OYV helmet to Der Rittmeister in Florida for consignment and he return it MINUS the screw on Spike. Since March 20 I have been trying to get Kenneth Greenfield to return it and he will not. Can anyone help me with this problem? The OYV helmet spike base is without the fitting and would like to have him return it. HELP. Thanks, Gary
Attachments
IMG_0900.JPG
Before Der Rittmeister
Braunschweig Infantry helm  (1).JPG
After Der Rittmeister

jimturinetti
Contributor
Contributor

Re: sent rare 92 INF Braunschweig OYV helm to Der Rittmeister

Post by jimturinetti » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:30 pm

I reached out to Ken Greenfield and asked for his perspective on this situation (there are always two sides to every issue). Here is the reply I got to my query:"He sent us a helmet that he had already sold on eBay and collected funds for. The eBay buyer actually called us and told us about the situation. We then told Gary we could not accept his consignment and mailed it back. At that time he then accused us of stealing his spike. I sent him the photos of the helmet the day we opened the package as the trichter / bush had damage that we were willing to repair and there was NO spike. Long story short that was months ago and we still receive daily calls and emails from this man."

I have known Ken for over 3 decades and I have always found him to be an honest and reputable man. His repair of the damaged trichter sounds typical of the generous collector/dealer I have known him to be.
I am sorry that this collector has lost a spike for his helmet, but I think he is looking in the wrong place to find it.

Neil Young
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Neil Young » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:38 pm

I have dealt with Ken several times and have always found him to be above board, honest and fair.
Neil

J.LeBrasseur

Post by J.LeBrasseur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:40 pm

Same they are good people there, no issues

James
J.LeBrasseur

Amybellars
Exceptional Contributor
Exceptional Contributor

Post by Amybellars » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 am

I have no issues with Ken. Dealt with Ken when I was much richer (when I just started collecting :D )

Jim, thank you for the clarification. :-)

Return to “Buyer Beware: Problems with Purchases”